MDI -> Task Bar ...like
Author Message
 MDI -> Task Bar ...like

Hi.
 I have made a panel and dock it to bottom of the parent
Mdi form.
What i want is to do that when i open a chil form it
appears on the panel thats look like a task bar to the Mdi
parent form.

                                     Thankxx

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 19:05:21 GMT
 MDI -> Task Bar ...like

Quote:
> Hi.
>  I have made a panel and dock it to bottom of the parent
> Mdi form.
> What i want is to do that when i open a chil form it
> appears on the panel thats look like a task bar to the Mdi
> parent form.

>                                      Thankxx

What's exactly your problem?

--
Armin

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 19:18:43 GMT
 MDI -> Task Bar ...like
Hi,

        I would add a panel to the statusbar when the form opens and remove
when the form closes. Make sure the statusbar on the parent form has show
panels set to true.

Dim pnl As StatusBarPanel

Private Sub Form2_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

    Dim frmParent As Form1

    pnl = New StatusBarPanel

    frmParent = Me.MdiParent

    pnl.Width = 100

    pnl.Style = StatusBarPanelStyle.Text

    pnl.Text = "Form2"

    frmParent.StatusBar1.Panels.Add(pnl)

End Sub

Private Sub Form2_Closing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs) Handles MyBase.Closing

    Dim frmParent As Form1

    frmParent = Me.MdiParent

    frmParent.StatusBar1.Panels.Remove(pnl)

End Sub

Ken

------------

Quote:
> Hi.
>  I have made a panel and dock it to bottom of the parent
> Mdi form.
> What i want is to do that when i open a chil form it
> appears on the panel thats look like a task bar to the Mdi
> parent form.

>                                      Thankxx

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 19:38:46 GMT
 MDI -> Task Bar ...like
Hello,

Quote:
> >  I have made a panel and dock it to bottom of the parent
> > Mdi form.
> > What i want is to do that when i open a chil form it
> > appears on the panel thats look like a task bar to the Mdi
> > parent form.
> What's exactly your problem?

He is looking for a control which imitates the taskbar and shows buttons
for the MDI children.

Something like http://www.mwvb.de/mcwbar.htm (VB6 only).

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:32:07 GMT
 MDI -> Task Bar ...like

Quote:
> Hello,

> > >  I have made a panel and dock it to bottom of the parent
> > > Mdi form.
> > > What i want is to do that when i open a chil form it
> > > appears on the panel thats look like a task bar to the Mdi
> > > parent form.

> > What's exactly your problem?

> He is looking for a control which imitates the taskbar and shows
> buttons for the MDI children.

He should've mentioned, that's why I asked. It didn't sound like he's even
tried to solve it on his own.

--
Armin

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:50:39 GMT
 MDI -> Task Bar ...like
Hello,

Quote:
> > He is looking for a control which imitates the taskbar and shows
> > buttons for the MDI children.

> He should've mentioned, that's why I asked.

I interpreted the posting's subject.

Quote:
> It didn't sound like he's even tried to solve it on his own.

;-)

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 23:19:31 GMT
 MDI -> Task Bar ...like
Curios, could you make the child windows get focus by clicking on
the panels, similar to the menu you get with MenuItem.MdiList?

Quote:
> Hi,

>         I would add a panel to the statusbar when the form opens and
remove
> when the form closes. Make sure the statusbar on the parent form has show
> panels set to true.

> Dim pnl As StatusBarPanel

> Private Sub Form2_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
> System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

>     Dim frmParent As Form1

>     pnl = New StatusBarPanel

>     frmParent = Me.MdiParent

>     pnl.Width = 100

>     pnl.Style = StatusBarPanelStyle.Text

>     pnl.Text = "Form2"

>     frmParent.StatusBar1.Panels.Add(pnl)

> End Sub

> Private Sub Form2_Closing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
> System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs) Handles MyBase.Closing

>     Dim frmParent As Form1

>     frmParent = Me.MdiParent

>     frmParent.StatusBar1.Panels.Remove(pnl)

> End Sub

> Ken

> ------------

> > Hi.
> >  I have made a panel and dock it to bottom of the parent
> > Mdi form.
> > What i want is to do that when i open a chil form it
> > appears on the panel thats look like a task bar to the Mdi
> > parent form.

> >                                      Thankxx

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 22:49:37 GMT

1. Keeping an MDI form from appearing in the task bar

2. Disable task bar & task switching

3. Program ID does not appear in Task Bar and Task List

4. W2k Task-Scheduler -> find hanging tasks

5. How to show diffenent texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar

6. How to show diffenent Texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar

7. hide status bar and task bar

8. Show icon on task bar w/o Title bar

9. Maximized MDI child form Covering Status bar on MDI parent

10. need help regarding scroll bar in mdi and mdi child form

11. HElp with progress bar on MDI status bar

12. Progress bars in status bars in an MDI app