Really need help with the SYSTEM user vs NTFS rights
Author Message
 Really need help with the SYSTEM user vs NTFS rights

Hi,

Does anybody know how to add the built-in SYSTEM user to NTFS rights,
through VB.NET that is..
I've managed to add all the other users and groups the the folder rights but
I'm unable to add the SYSTEM

Also I can't find it in 'Domain Users and Groups' - But I know its
there.....

Can anybody tell me why?

/Kurt

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 03:38:37 GMT
 Really need help with the SYSTEM user vs NTFS rights

Quote:
> Does anybody know how to add the built-in SYSTEM user to NTFS rights,
> through VB.NET that is..
> I've managed to add all the other users and groups the the folder rights
but
> I'm unable to add the SYSTEM

> Also I can't find it in 'Domain Users and Groups' - But I know its
> there.....

SYSTEM should NOT be part of the *Domain* users, it's not a Network user
account, it's only ever a Local System Account.

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 04:49:32 GMT

1. Problem adding the SYSTEM user to NTFS rights

2. Setting User-rights for NTFS?

3. Really need help a bug with VS.Net and MaskEditBox

4. Search -- Really really need help

5. HELP: please i really need some help

6. ADSI NTFS ACE rights problem

7. Changing NTFS rights with VBscript

8. Q: Setting NTFS Rights

9. Reading NTFS Rights vía ASP Part 2

10. Reading NTFS Rights with ASP

11. NTFS ADSI folder rights

12. Setting access rights to an NTFS directory