Problem installing Visual basic standard edition
Author Message
 Problem installing Visual basic standard edition

Hello fellows of the newsgroup.

I am having a problem installing my new version of visual
basic.net standard edition.

The error I get is that the application hang out on the
first cd when is generating the setup script for starting
the installation.

I have tried several times changing the list of components
to install and the same problem happen again and again.

Is not a hardware problem because I tested installation of
other software without problem.

I copied the cd's in my hard disc to check for cds problem
and it copy successfully but still the same problem when
doing the installation.

Checked for disk problems using chkdsk and defrag, no
problem found on disk structure. Just in case you think
about space have more then 10 gbs free.

The result of this is that it freeze my computer and need
to restart. Is very frustrating. Any help will be welcome.
Thank you in advantage.

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:51:28 GMT
 Problem installing Visual basic standard edition
Hi Joe,

Did you install any beta version of VS.NET? If yes, uninstall it before
install the new version. Also, try to copy all the CD contents to your
harddisk and start installation from there.  If you are using anti-virus
software, tempararily disable or close it before installation.

If the problem still persists, I suggest you post the problem to the
microsoft.public.vsnet.setup group.

Regards,

Felix Wu
=============

--------------------

>Subject: Problem installing Visual Basic standard edition
>Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:51:28 -0800

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

>Hello fellows of the newsgroup.

>I am having a problem installing my new version of visual
>basic.net standard edition.

>The error I get is that the application hang out on the
>first cd when is generating the setup script for starting
>the installation.

>I have tried several times changing the list of components
>to install and the same problem happen again and again.

>Is not a hardware problem because I tested installation of
>other software without problem.

>I copied the cd's in my hard disc to check for cds problem
>and it copy successfully but still the same problem when
>doing the installation.

>Checked for disk problems using chkdsk and defrag, no
>problem found on disk structure. Just in case you think
>about space have more then 10 gbs free.

>The result of this is that it freeze my computer and need
>to restart. Is very frustrating. Any help will be welcome.
>Thank you in advantage.

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:16:40 GMT

1. Visual Basic 4 Standard Edition for sale

2. Visual Basic 5.0 Standard edition?

3. Visual Basic 4 Standard Edition For Sale

4. Calling DLLs from Visual Basic 4.0 in Standard Edition

5. FS: Microsoft Visual Basic Standard Edition Version 3.0

6. Problems Installing Visual Studio 6.0 Pro edition

7. Visual basic programs - connect to a server - Visual Basic 5 Enterprice Edition

8. Enterprise Installs as Standard Edition

9. Learning Visual Basic Learning Edition Deluxe/Professional Edition

10. VB6 Learning Edition Install Problems when searching for installed components

11. Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition, Application Wizard Problem

12. Visual Basic Pro Edition 3.0 problem