Underlining with the & not showing
Author Message
 Underlining with the & not showing

Hi

I have a funny problem, when I use the & on a button in a Windows
Application, &OK, I can't see the underlining of the letter O, I can only
see the underlining if I press "ALT", but if my user don't no he/she has to
press ALT to see the shortcut options, he or she is properly never going to
use it.

Can somebody help me with this problem, I want to see the underlining all
the time.

Thanks

Regards Tim P

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:11:08 GMT
 Underlining with the & not showing
Actually this is the setting of the Windows 2000/XP operating system itself
u can change this by goin to
Control Panel->Display
There u'd find a tab "Effects"
Under that just uncheck the option "Hide keyboard navigation indicators
until i use the alt key"

Bye
Kunal M

Quote:
> Hi

> I have a funny problem, when I use the & on a button in a Windows
> Application, &OK, I can't see the underlining of the letter O, I can only
> see the underlining if I press "ALT", but if my user don't no he/she has
> press ALT to see the shortcut options, he or she is properly never going
> use it.

> Can somebody help me with this problem, I want to see the underlining all
> the time.

> Thanks

> Regards Tim P

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:42:45 GMT
 Underlining with the & not showing
Probably because, under Win2K at least, this feature doesn't work properly.
It often forgets the setting when you restart Windows and you have to set it
back again. Also, MS Outlook displays the underlines all the time on my
Win2K machine, regardless of the setting, but not for any other application,
.NET or otherwise.

Quote:
> Okay thanks

> But can you tell my why this feature only is supported in my new .Net
> application, my MS outlook for example shows the underlining all the time?

> Thanks again

> Tim P.

> > Actually this is the setting of the Windows 2000/XP operating system
> > itself u can change this by goin to
> > Control Panel->Display
> > There u'd find a tab "Effects"
> > Under that just uncheck the option "Hide keyboard navigation
> > indicators until i use the alt key"

> > Bye
> > Kunal M

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:08:10 GMT
 Underlining with the & not showing
Okay thanks

But can you tell my why this feature only is supported in my new .Net
application, my MS outlook for example shows the underlining all the time?

Thanks again

Tim P.

Quote:
> Actually this is the setting of the Windows 2000/XP operating system
> itself u can change this by goin to
> Control Panel->Display
> There u'd find a tab "Effects"
> Under that just uncheck the option "Hide keyboard navigation
> indicators until i use the alt key"

> Bye
> Kunal M

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:44:27 GMT
 Underlining with the & not showing

Quote:
> I have a funny problem, when I use the & on a button in a Windows
> Application, &OK, I can't see the underlining of the letter O, I
> can only  see the underlining if I press "ALT", but if my user
> don't no he/she has to  press ALT to see the shortcut options,
> he or she is properly never going to  use it.

> Can somebody help me with this problem, I want to see the
> underlining all  the time.

Go to control panel->Display->Display->Effects: Uncheck last item

Armin

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:18:40 GMT

1. Underscores for Access Keys and Underlined Text Not Showing

2. How to show fixed underline in word doc?

3. Menu access key not underlined

4. Access Key not underlined

5. ADO Updates to SQL Server not Showing, though records affected shows true

6. Datacombo not showing data when not an administrator.

7. Subreport is not showing when main Report does not have records

8. HTML Help with P&D: Htmhelp not found, MyProject.chi not found

9. *&*&*&* Date math question *&*&*&*

10. PC Show & Tell

11. Access QueryDefs Refresh & Query Design Show Flag

12. TabStrip - Showing & Hiding Frames