Limit to maximum number of messages held by a queue?
Author Message
 Limit to maximum number of messages held by a queue?

I'm using the System.Messaging namespace to create message queues to hold
data passed between different components of my application.  I wanted to
make sure I could dump tons of data to my application without it missing any
messages, but in doing so I noticed something else that was strange.  My
message queue isn't holding all of the messages I put into it--it only
retains 1000 messages.

I tried setting MaximumQueueSize to myObject.InfiniteQueueSize, but that
hasn't made a difference.  Have I overlooked something here?  Here's the
(simple) code I'm using:

m_objReceivedDataQueue = MessageQueue.Create(".\Private$\received_data")
m_objReceivedDataQueue.MaximumQueueSize =
m_objReceivedDataQueue.InfiniteQueueSize

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jeff L.

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:57:09 GMT
 Limit to maximum number of messages held by a queue?
We've put many more messages in a queue than what you described without
doing anything special to the queue.  However, we did set each message so
that it would be persisted to the disk, which has the added advantage of the
messages surviving a shutdown of the message queue server.

Quote:
> I'm using the System.Messaging namespace to create message queues to hold
> data passed between different components of my application.  I wanted to
> make sure I could dump tons of data to my application without it missing
any
> messages, but in doing so I noticed something else that was strange.  My
> message queue isn't holding all of the messages I put into it--it only
> retains 1000 messages.

> I tried setting MaximumQueueSize to myObject.InfiniteQueueSize, but that
> hasn't made a difference.  Have I overlooked something here?  Here's the
> (simple) code I'm using:

> m_objReceivedDataQueue = MessageQueue.Create(".\Private$\received_data")
> m_objReceivedDataQueue.MaximumQueueSize =
> m_objReceivedDataQueue.InfiniteQueueSize

> Thanks in advance for any help!

> Jeff L.

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:42:25 GMT

1. What is the maximum limit on the number of identifiers for a project

2. Count number of messages remaining in private queue

3. Holding Queue

4. Discarding messages in the message queue

5. Determining How Close to the Maximum Limits VB Supports

6. Finding a large variable to hold a really big number

7. Send 100 messages from [ Outbox\Hold ] Outlook 2000

8. Send 100 messages from [ Outbox\Hold ] Outlook 2000

9. Maximum number sizes

10. Maximum number of records

11. Maximum number of users....

12. Is there a maximum number of recipients?