Treeview and HotTracking; Is there an event which is fired by hottracking when node changed?
Author Message
 Treeview and HotTracking; Is there an event which is fired by hottracking when node changed?

Hi

I've a treeview with hottracking enabled.
Now i want to popup a tooltip when the mouse hovers over the nodes.
(llike hottracking changes the font)
I have it working when selecting a node.

Peter

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:11:29 GMT
 Treeview and HotTracking; Is there an event which is fired by hottracking when node changed?
Check the MouseHover event. . .

--
Jacob Grass
Microsoft .NET MVP

Quote:
> Hi

> I've a treeview with hottracking enabled.
> Now i want to popup a tooltip when the mouse hovers over the nodes.
> (llike hottracking changes the font)
> I have it working when selecting a node.

> Peter

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:47:46 GMT
 Treeview and HotTracking; Is there an event which is fired by hottracking when node changed?
Hi

I though MouseHover works over the control and not over the nodes.
I want only an event when one of the nodes got the mouse focus, just
as happend when Hottracking does (changing the color and underline
property of the font of the node the mouse is over).

Peter

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:47:46 -0600, "Jacob Grass \(MVP\)"

Quote:

>Check the MouseHover event. . .

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:58:59 GMT
 Treeview and HotTracking; Is there an event which is fired by hottracking when node changed?
Peter-

Sorry I was more explicit.  You still need to use the MouseHover event, but
you would do something like the following:

Private Sub TreeView1_MouseHover(ByVal sender As Object, _
    ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles TreeView1.MouseHover

Dim HoveredNode As TreeNode
HoveredNode = TreeView1.GetNodeAt(TreeView1.PointToClient(Cursor.Position))

End Sub

Now you have the node you want to modify . . .

--
Jacob Grass
Microsoft .NET MVP

Quote:
> Hi

> I though MouseHover works over the control and not over the nodes.
> I want only an event when one of the nodes got the mouse focus, just
> as happend when Hottracking does (changing the color and underline
> property of the font of the node the mouse is over).

> Peter

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:47:46 -0600, "Jacob Grass \(MVP\)"

> >Check the MouseHover event. . .

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:28:53 GMT
 Treeview and HotTracking; Is there an event which is fired by hottracking when node changed?
Quote:
> Sorry I was more explicit.  You still need to use the MouseHover event,

but
               ^^^^^

Should be wasn't. . .

--
Jacob Grass
Microsoft .NET MVP

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:33:31 GMT
 Treeview and HotTracking; Is there an event which is fired by hottracking when node changed?
Thx, Peter

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:28:53 -0600, "Jacob Grass \(MVP\)"

Quote:

>Peter-

>Sorry I was more explicit.  You still need to use the MouseHover event, but
>you would do something like the following:

>Private Sub TreeView1_MouseHover(ByVal sender As Object, _
>    ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles TreeView1.MouseHover

>Dim HoveredNode As TreeNode
>HoveredNode = TreeView1.GetNodeAt(TreeView1.PointToClient(Cursor.Position))

>End Sub

>Now you have the node you want to modify . . .

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:39:11 GMT
 Treeview and HotTracking; Is there an event which is fired by hottracking when node changed?
Hi

I've placed th ecode in the mouse move and it works fine.
The MouseHover event only fires once.

For those who are interested:
It show the text in the tag as a tooltip

    Private Sub TreeView1_MouseMove(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles TreeView1.MouseMove
        Dim HoveredNode As TreeNode
        HoveredNode =
TreeView1.GetNodeAt(TreeView1.PointToClient(Cursor.Position))
        If HoveredNode Is Nothing Then
        Else
            ToolTip1.SetToolTip(TreeView1, HoveredNode.Tag)
            ToolTip1.AutoPopDelay = 1000
        End If
    End Sub

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:33:31 -0600, "Jacob Grass \(MVP\)"

Quote:

>> Sorry I was more explicit.  You still need to use the MouseHover event,
>but
>               ^^^^^

>Should be wasn't. . .

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:08:58 GMT

1. Treeview Hottracking

2. Hottracking, Treeview and Refresh Problem.

3. ListView/TreeView hottracking

4. Treeview HotTracking API ?

5. HotTracking a Label

6. Diff Btwn HoverSelection AND HotTracking ???

7. ListView Bug? HotTracking Affects Only Hover Selection

8. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

10. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

11. Treeview - What Level am I on?

12. Treeview problem ( or am i blind?)