Porting VB5/6 Apps to .NET
Author Message
 Porting VB5/6 Apps to .NET

Hi!

Anyone have direction on porting INET and WINSOCK2 apps to .NET?

Tips, direction, advice, the GOOD and the BAD news?

Thanks in advance.
Raj

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 07:37:06 GMT
 Porting VB5/6 Apps to .NET
As I recall, MSFT recommends porting VB 5 to VB 6 before porting to V B
.NET.

--
http://www.standards.com/; Programming and support for  Word macros,
including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical reviewing; Standards;

> Hi!

> Anyone have direction on porting INET and WINSOCK2 apps to .NET?

> Tips, direction, advice, the GOOD and the BAD news?

> Thanks in advance.
> Raj

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:53:35 GMT
 Porting VB5/6 Apps to .NET
As long as you didn't use much api-functions in your apps, you'll be ok
(well I was :)).  The bad news are the APIs.  They can become a real pain
when trying to upgrade an app.

Yves

Quote:
> Hi!

> Anyone have direction on porting INET and WINSOCK2 apps to .NET?

> Tips, direction, advice, the GOOD and the BAD news?

> Thanks in advance.
> Raj

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:07:34 GMT

1. Porting multi-component VB6 apps to VB.NET?

2. porting Local DB app to internet DB app?

3. Help: Comctl32, Comdlg32, Dblist32 problems porting VB4 to VB5 (VB5 GPF in Mfc40.dll)

4. ASP.NET App v. VB.NET App

5. Conversion of VB.Net App to ASP .Net App

6. Problem when porting VB Script t to VB.Net

7. New article on porting ASP pages to ASP .NET available on MSDN

8. Porting VB app to C++

9. Trouble Porting VB 3.0 SQLServer App to VB 4.0 and Oracle

10. Porting Access 2.0 App to Visual Basic 3.0

11. Aretmis Data Control - Porting Clipper Apps to VB

12. Porting Java App To VB