Hetrogeneous data- same table
Author Message
 Hetrogeneous data- same table

Hi,

In VB.NET we can handle hetrogeneous data in a Dataset.
In this  case,suppose I'm having the table name as common in the both
the database SQLSERVER & ORACLE say as EMPLOYEE.
In this case how should I differentiate both the tables.
If u have any example regd this mail me to

Regds,
Meenakshi

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:02:31 GMT
 Hetrogeneous data- same table
I'm pretty sure you need unique table names within the
same DataSet object. If you want the tables referenced
using their original names, you'll have to put them in
separate DataSet objects. Otherwise, rename the tables
when loading the DataSet to SQLEmployee and ORAEmployee,
or something similar.

- Jarod Chay

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 03:18:11 GMT

1. Extract table data to Access table

2. Update SQL table from data in another table

3. Create Tables using Table Data

4. Select from 2 tables, data from 2nd table missing

5. Update table based on data in another table

6. Scanning tables and moving data across tables

7. Copying data from table to table

8. Copy/Saving a recordset from one data table to another table

9. Copy all data from a Table to other Table

10. Using MS Data Shaping with OLE DB - data from more than one table in mpp file

11. centralized data source and data tables for multiple form VB Application

12. Inserting Data into LONG data type field in an ORACLE Table