This language is a joke 
Author Message
 This language is a joke

if this junk was sold by anyone but Microsoft, it would be
laughed off the market!


Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:44:17 GMT  
 This language is a joke
Hi Bill, do you have a specific problem?

--
Happy to help,
-- Tom Spink

Please respond to the newsgroup,
so all can benefit.

One Day,

Quote:
> if this junk was sold by anyone but Microsoft, it would be
> laughed off the market!



Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:53:51 GMT  
 This language is a joke
Hello,


Quote:
> Hi Bill, do you have a specific problem?

Don't feed the trolls.

;-)))

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet



Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:18:46 GMT  
 This language is a joke
Hello,


Quote:
> if this junk was sold by anyone but Microsoft, it would be
> laughed off the market!

I suppose you are a Java programmer who has a psychical problem...

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet



Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:18:23 GMT  
 This language is a joke
How can we help you?  

Personally the company I work for has both web and desktop
application running that were developed using VB.Net.

There fast, reliable and our business is no joke.

B

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>if this junk was sold by anyone but Microsoft, it would
be
>laughed off the market!
>.



Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:28:44 GMT  
 This language is a joke

Quote:
> Personally the company I work for has both web and desktop
> application running that were developed using VB.Net.

Don't bother, that post was just to get a flame started.


Quote:
> How can we help you?

> Personally the company I work for has both web and desktop
> application running that were developed using VB.Net.

> There fast, reliable and our business is no joke.

> B
> >-----Original Message-----
> >if this junk was sold by anyone but Microsoft, it would
> be
> >laughed off the market!
> >.



Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:32:40 GMT  
 This language is a joke

Quote:
> if this junk was sold by anyone but Microsoft, it would be
> laughed off the market!

But instead you waste your time writing about it - isn't that the real joke?

:)



Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:36:32 GMT  
 This language is a joke
LOL It's a shame there isn't an emoticon for sarcasm <grins>

--
Happy to help,
-- Tom Spink

Please respond to the newsgroup,
so all can benefit.

One Day,


Quote:
> Hello,


> > Hi Bill, do you have a specific problem?

> Don't feed the trolls.

> ;-)))

> Regards,
> Herfried K. Wagner
> --
> http://www.mvps.org/dotnet



Sun, 27 Nov 2005 01:30:00 GMT  
 This language is a joke
ok, why is it so difficult to do a simple read from the database?  for
example:
cmd.CommandText = "Select LastName from employees where Employeeid = 2"
WORKS
but
dim variable as int = 2
cmd.CommandText = "Select LastName from employees where Employeeid =
variable"  DOESN'T
and
cmd.CommandText = "Select LastName from employees where Employeeid =
variable.text" DOESN'T
and
cmd.CommandText = "Select LastName from employees where Employeeid =
cint(txtempno.text)" DOESN'T

Bill Walker, Jahabow Industries
800-325-8310

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:32:36 GMT  
 This language is a joke
thanks anyway; figured it out:
cmd.CommandText = "Select LastName from employees where Employeeid = " &
CInt(txtempno.Text)

Bill Walker, Jahabow Industries
800-325-8310

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:32:36 GMT  
 This language is a joke
Hello,


Quote:
> ok, why is it so difficult to do a simple read from the database?  for
> example:
> cmd.CommandText = "Select LastName from employees where Employeeid =
2"
> WORKS

Notice that there is a .NET+database ng:


Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet



Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:37:10 GMT  
 This language is a joke


Quote:
> ok, why is it so difficult to do a simple read from the database?  for
> example:
> cmd.CommandText = "Select LastName from employees where Employeeid = 2"
> WORKS
> but
> dim variable as int = 2
> cmd.CommandText = "Select LastName from employees where Employeeid =
> variable"  DOESN'T
> and
> cmd.CommandText = "Select LastName from employees where Employeeid =
> variable.text" DOESN'T
> and
> cmd.CommandText = "Select LastName from employees where Employeeid =
> cint(txtempno.text)" DOESN'T

Dim variable as Integer = 2

cmd.CommanText = string.format("select lastname from employees where
employeeid = {0}", variable)

or

cmd.CommandText = "select lastname from employees where employeeid = " &
variable.tostring()

or

cmd.Command.Text = "select lastname from employees where emploeeid = " &
CStr(variable)

HTH,
Tom Shelton

Quote:
> Bill Walker, Jahabow Industries
> 800-325-8310

> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:38:12 GMT  
 This language is a joke



Quote:
> Hello,


> > if this junk was sold by anyone but Microsoft, it would be
> > laughed off the market!

> I suppose you are a Java programmer who has a psychical problem...

Isn't that redundant? <G>

steve

Quote:
> Regards,
> Herfried K. Wagner
> --
> http://www.mvps.org/dotnet



Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:52:51 GMT  
 This language is a joke


Quote:
> Hello,


> > if this junk was sold by anyone but Microsoft, it would be
> > laughed off the market!

> I suppose you are a Java programmer who has a psychical problem...

He's not even that.  Looking at some of the example "code" he's
posted, he's the worst kind of Weakly-Typed, Evilly-Coercing VB
dabler - a Java programmer would be /well/ aware of "toString".

Regards,
    Phill  W.



Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:40:25 GMT  
 This language is a joke
*screams* camel casing!! *shudders*

--
Happy to help,
-- Tom Spink

Please respond to the newsgroup,
so all can benefit.

One Day,

Quote:


> > Hello,


> > > if this junk was sold by anyone but Microsoft, it would be
> > > laughed off the market!

> > I suppose you are a Java programmer who has a psychical problem...

> He's not even that.  Looking at some of the example "code" he's
> posted, he's the worst kind of Weakly-Typed, Evilly-Coercing VB
> dabler - a Java programmer would be /well/ aware of "toString".

> Regards,
>     Phill  W.



Sun, 27 Nov 2005 18:38:34 GMT  
 
 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages 

1. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

2. I am learning VB.NET and am wondering....

3. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

4. How can i change the default language to local language

5. Q: Multi language RES File - how to switch to a different language

6. Q: Multi language RES File - how to switch to a different language

7. Acc2000 Runtime - What a Joke!!!

8. Is this an MS Joke!

9. Programmer's Joke

10. OT - programming joke

11. mouseball joke

12. Saving changes to database from textboxes (includes free joke)

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software