2 Questions...
Author Message
 2 Questions...

1.  How do you create controls at runtime?  ie. Textboxes

2.  Is there a way to find the top left position of a ListViewItem?

Thanks.

--
Matt MacLean
__________

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 14:04:17 GMT
 2 Questions...
Quote:
> 1.  How do you create controls at runtime?  ie. Textboxes

Visit this faq for an example:
http://www.developer.be/index.cfm/fuseaction/faqDetail/FaqId/214.htm

Quote:
> 2.  Is there a way to find the top left position of a ListViewItem?

No id....

Greetz SoTTo

Quote:
> 1.  How do you create controls at runtime?  ie. Textboxes

> 2.  Is there a way to find the top left position of a ListViewItem?

> Thanks.

> --
> Matt MacLean
> __________

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:54:02 GMT
 2 Questions...
2) the ListViewItem has a Bound member that gives its rectangle within the
ListView, so you can use it to get the top left postion.

int x = listView1.Items[i].Bounds.X;
int y = listView1.Items[i].Bounds.Y;

//these are in the ListView coordinates. So to get screen coordinates, you
can use ListView.PointToScreen.

==============
Clay Burch

Syncfusion, Inc.
Visit www.syncfusion.com to download a free trial of Essential Suite

Quote:
> 1.  How do you create controls at runtime?  ie. Textboxes

> 2.  Is there a way to find the top left position of a ListViewItem?

> Thanks.

> --
> Matt MacLean
> __________

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:03:37 GMT
 2 Questions...

Quote:
> 1.  How do you create controls at runtime?  ie. Textboxes

1. Create them like every object using the New keyword
2. Add them to the controls property of the parent control

Quote:
> 2.  Is there a way to find the top left position of a
> ListViewItem?

Have a look at the ListViewItems's Bounds and GetBounds members and at the
ListView's GetItemRect method.

Armin

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:36:52 GMT

1. questions,questions,questions.

2. Atten: Larry Serflaten - Re: Dictionary Questions, Questions, Questions

3. Questions!Questions!Questions

4. Questions Questions Questions

5. HELP QUESTION HELP QUESTION HELP QUESTION

6. 2 questions: Code doesn't work when I split database and Seek/Index question

7. FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions - vba - Please read before posting questions - unofficial - March posting

8. FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions - vba - please read before posting questions - unofficial February posting

9. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - vba - Please read before posting questions - unofficial - Jan 2003 posting

10. FAQ - frequently asked VBA questions - please read before posting questions - September posting - unofficial

11. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (vba) - please read before posting questions - August posting - unofficial

12. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - unoffical July posting - please read before posting questions - vba