Send Mail with Attatched image
Author Message
 Send Mail with Attatched image
I am trying to send an email using the MailMessage and the SmtpMail Objects,
but I want to send an image with an image map so it would be an html file as
the body, I send the html as the body and the image as an attatchment but
when you open the mail the image does't appear, how can you make the image
and the image map be part of the body? or how do you tell the htm file that
thi image if included in the mail as an attatchment. In Outlook you can view
the image in IE and just select all and drag it to the mail editor and works
just fine, but I want to do that in my app.

Thanks for your help

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 04:23:03 GMT
 Send Mail with Attatched image
Why don't you just use an absolute URL to the image on your web server? Then
the image doesn't have to be in the email at all.

HTH,

--
Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP

Quote:
> I am trying to send an email using the MailMessage and the SmtpMail
Objects,
> but I want to send an image with an image map so it would be an html file
as
> the body, I send the html as the body and the image as an attatchment but
> when you open the mail the image does't appear, how can you make the image
> and the image map be part of the body? or how do you tell the htm file
that
> thi image if included in the mail as an attatchment. In Outlook you can
view
> the image in IE and just select all and drag it to the mail editor and
works
> just fine, but I want to do that in my app.

> Thanks for your help

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 03:40:25 GMT

1. sending HTML-Mail with images and not using ActiveDocument.send

2. Send Mail Without Leaving Message in Sent Mail

3. Send mail to MS Mail instead of Outlook

4. Notification when a new e-mail is sent to any e-mail Outlook folder

5. hide e-mail addresses while sending e-mail

6. Help sending HTML mail in mail merge

7. Specifying an e-mail address or Reply To address when sending mail

8. Sending an Outlook mail from my VBA-code doesn't close the mail windows

9. Sending mail in RTF whiteout using mail merge?

10. Send Simple E-Mail Message without E-Mail client

11. An app with an e-mail address in it, how to make it send e-mail

12. VB5 or 6 : Sending mail via default mail client