Strongly Named Assembly
Author Message
 Strongly Named Assembly

I am trying to "strongly name an assembly", so that I can use the caspol.exe
program on it.

Does anyone have the documentation or samples for this process?

I thought one was supposed to run sn.exe to affix a strong name to an
assembly.

However, it would appear that a public key must be generated somehow for use
with the sn.exe program to "strongly name an assembly".

Is this newbie on the right track?

Thanks!

Michael

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 06:54:06 GMT
 Strongly Named Assembly
Hello,

Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/?id=302340

HTH,

--
Parker Zhang
Microsoft Developer Support

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:29:35 GMT
 Strongly Named Assembly
Thanks once again, Parker!

I now have a strongly named assembly.

Michael

Quote:
> Hello,

> Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/?id=302340

> HTH,

> --
> Parker Zhang
> Microsoft Developer Support

rights.

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 05:19:59 GMT

1. Root name or assembly name

2. Strong named assemblies and recompiling

3. Strong Name Validation Failed for Assembly

4. Assembly and Strong Names

5. File or assembly name ADODB, or one of its dependencies, was not found

6. Assembly and Global Assembly Cache

7. Strongly Typed DataSet Error

8. Filling a strongly typed dataset

9. BUG: in Strongly typed DataSet class

10. Strongly typed datasets and DbNull values

11. Strongly Typed - what am I not catching?

12. Strongly-Typed Collection byRef