Why can't project find System.Net...
Author Message
 Why can't project find System.Net...

I downloaded the source code for a project and tried to compile it.
Included in the list of build errors is the entry "The referenced
component 'System.Net' could not be found." (There are other entries
as well)  At the top of the source code it does say "Imports
System.Net"

When I open references in the Solution Explorer there are 5 references
with a little yellow triangle with an ! in them: System.Net,
System.WinForms, System.XML.Serialization, System.Configuration and
Microsoft.Win32.InterOp

I tried going to Project...References but I don't see them there to
add.  How do I tell VS2003 where these are?

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:57:28 GMT
 Why can't project find System.Net...
Hello,

Quote:
> When I open references in the Solution Explorer there are 5 references
> with a little yellow triangle with an ! in them: System.Net,
> System.WinForms, System.XML.Serialization, System.Configuration and
> Microsoft.Win32.InterOp

> I tried going to Project...References but I don't see them there to
> add.  How do I tell VS2003 where these are?

Mhm.

Remove the references and try to re-add them. If the componentsdo not
show up, you can select them by hand (I don't know if this is still
possible in VS .NET 200*3*, nevertheless it was possible in 2002) by
switching to the installation folder of the framework and picking the
DLLs.

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:33:31 GMT
 Why can't project find System.Net...

Quote:
> I downloaded the source code for a project and tried to compile it.
> Included in the list of build errors is the entry "The referenced
> component 'System.Net' could not be found." (There are other entries
> as well)  At the top of the source code it does say "Imports
> System.Net"

> When I open references in the Solution Explorer there are 5 references
> with a little yellow triangle with an ! in them: System.Net,
> System.WinForms, System.XML.Serialization, System.Configuration and
> Microsoft.Win32.InterOp

> I tried going to Project...References but I don't see them there to
> add.  How do I tell VS2003 where these are?

I don't know about the others, but System.WinForms is now
System.Windows.Forms.  Sounds like you are using an old project.  You'll
have to change the references to the correct ones.

--
If you don't like lunchmeat, please remove it from my e-mail address to
send me an e-mail

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:10:42 GMT

1. VBA reference in project is bad - can't find project or library

2. 'Canned' data in VB program

3. how to use the system.net.sockets and system.net in VB.net

4. Building VB .NET Project Touches WWW Publishing - Why?

5. Can't add class to ASP.NET project - Automation server can't create object

6. .NET project locking/loading DLL created by other .NET project

7. My projects containg toolbars don't appear Can't find COMCTL32.ocx

8. 'System Database' property not found

9. System.NET, System.Net.Sockets -> TCPListener Issue

10. System.NET, System.Net.Sockets -> TCPListener Issue

11. Why can't VS.NET find my (localhost) Web Project???

12. why doesn't anyone post their PROJECT files