HOW? Can I instance my VB.NET class in VC++.NET ?
Author Message
 HOW? Can I instance my VB.NET class in VC++.NET ?

My VB DLL project doesn't provide a COM interface.
The VC++ project is also a DLL project.

VB seems to be able to utilize managed C++ classes/objects.

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:05:24 GMT
 HOW? Can I instance my VB.NET class in VC++.NET ?

Quote:
> My VB DLL project doesn't provide a COM interface.
> The VC++ project is also a DLL project.

> VB seems to be able to utilize managed C++ classes/objects.

So what is your question?

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:46:47 GMT
 HOW? Can I instance my VB.NET class in VC++.NET ?

Quote:

> > My VB DLL project doesn't provide a COM interface.
> > The VC++ project is also a DLL project.

> > VB seems to be able to utilize managed C++ classes/objects.

> So what is your question?

Can I instance my VB.NET class in VC++.NET ?

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:51:32 GMT
 HOW? Can I instance my VB.NET class in VC++.NET ?
Yes. If you are talking about MC++ then it is very easy, if you are speaking
of std C++, then it will be much harder. In any case, this is the wrong
group to ask this question. Please re-post your question here:

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc

Jeremy

Quote:

> > > My VB DLL project doesn't provide a COM interface.
> > > The VC++ project is also a DLL project.

> > > VB seems to be able to utilize managed C++ classes/objects.

> > So what is your question?

> Can I instance my VB.NET class in VC++.NET ?

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 01:47:29 GMT
 HOW? Can I instance my VB.NET class in VC++.NET ?
The answer was found to be that the VB dll could not be in the same
namespace as the VC++ dll.  I tweaked the VB project namespace, and
compilation would work (but not intellisense) which is good enough. Thanks
to those who may have taken time to think about this (and not just blow me
off!).

Best regards - Lee

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 03:46:11 GMT
 HOW? Can I instance my VB.NET class in VC++.NET ?
Good answer Lee.

Did Jeryme maybe give you in the VC++ group the answer

"This question is off-topic, please re-post it in the proper group:
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb"

I found your question and answer very good in topic.
Saves me maybe in future a lot of time.

Cor

Quote:
> The answer was found to be that the VB dll could not be in the same
> namespace as the VC++ dll.  I tweaked the VB project namespace, and
> compilation would work (but not intellisense) which is good enough. Thanks
> to those who may have taken time to think about this (and not just blow me
> off!).

> Best regards - Lee

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:30:01 GMT

1. Using VB .Net and VC at the same time in .Net

2. Accessing vb.net class from non.vb.net apps

3. Debug VB.NET DLL(Class Library) from ASP.NET page

4. VB.Net, Classes and ADO.Net guidelines???

5. Use a VB.NET Class Library in C++.NET

6. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

7. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

8. how to use the system.net.sockets and system.net in VB.net

9. VS.Net + Cr.Net and VB.Net

10. Problem with a vb.Net class inheriting from a c# class

11. Accessing VC function from VB.NET

12. VB.Net/Word: Search and Replace on ALL instances of a word