Win98 Client printing problem
Author Message
 Win98 Client printing problem

I am posting to this group because the traffic is very light in the ....
dotnet.framework.drawing grounp.
This code works fine on XP clients.  When a Win98 clients executes it
generates an exception as listed
under the code.  The same code works fine when a Win98 client prints to a
shared printer attached to a XP Client but generates the exception when
printing to a shared printer attached to a Win98 client.

Also having problems printing Crystal Reports Viewer
control on these same 98 clients.  I'm guessing the 98 clients are unable to
resolve the printer name.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm a newbie.

Public Sub FileLabel()
    ThisBrush = Brushes.Black
    Try
        Dim pd As New PrintDocument()
        pd.DefaultPageSettings.Landscape = True
        pd.PrinterSettings.PrinterName = "\\Rickey1\costar"
        AddHandler pd.PrintPage, AddressOf Me.pd_PrintPage
        pd.Print()
    Catch ex As Exception
        MessageBox.Show("An error occurred while printing" & vbCrLf &
ex.ToString())
    End Try
End Sub

Exception below:

An error occurred while printing
System.Drawing.Printing.InvalidPrinterException.  Tried to access printer
'\\Rickey1\costar" with invalid settings.
    at System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings.GetHDevModeInternal()

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:40:22 GMT

1. Printing Error on Win98 client using ActiveSmartViewer...

2. Problems creating remote COM+ object with win98 client

3. Raw printing problem in win98

4. VB3 Win98 Printing Problem

5. Using SMTPMail with a Win98 Client

6. very slow performance while accessing Web Service from client runnig Win98

7. obtain the Logonserver's Name from a Win98 client

8. Client side JavaScript and Win98

9. Urgent! ActiveX Control crashing Win98 clients

10. dcom error between win98 client and w2k server

11. Urgent! ActiveX Control crashing Win98 clients

12. Using ReportViewer.net on Win98 client