install problems - new question
Author Message
 install problems - new question

If I xcopy install to a server and install the .net framework on a client
pc, should the .exe be on the server (as it always was before .net) or do I
have to have a copy of the .exe on the client pc, even if the data is on the
server?

Tx for your help.

Bernie Yaeger

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 01:30:41 GMT
 install problems - new question
You don't have to explicity copy the file to the client.
For case of a link on a web page, your users will see the open/saveas
prompt when they click on the link and the file will be downloaded to their
machine either way.
For UNC case (i.e. \\server\dotnetfx.exe) Windows will run the program from
that location.

Dave Templin Visual Basic Development
--------------------

Quote:

> Subject: install problems - new question
> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:30:41 -0400

> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

> If I xcopy install to a server and install the .net framework on a client
> pc, should the .exe be on the server (as it always was before .net) or do
> have to have a copy of the .exe on the client pc, even if the data is on
the
> server?

> Tx for your help.

> Bernie Yaeger

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 06:07:15 GMT

1. Problem installing new vbnet app on a computer with vb6 app

2. New Install DAO problems

3. help me please(new to visual basic)problem with installing the msdn library

4. Problem installing new OCX over old OCX

5. Save File problems with new 4.0 install

6. New problem installing VB6 on Win7 64 bit

7. dx9.0a install problem, and question

8. Grid problem and install question

9. A question about installing SP2 for Visual Studio, after having installed it for VB.

10. CAB questions: 1) run app after install 2) installed multiple apps

11. VB6 Learning Edition Install Problems when searching for installed components

12. Couple questions from a new-new-newbie!