read somewhere that you can use it (albeit with a performance hit) to access
VB.NET functionality that has no corollary in C#.
Can someone point me to the right .NET classes?  Thanks..

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:32:51 GMT
 VB Compatibility Class
The Compatibility namespace is in Microsoft.VisualBasic.DLL. This is
automatically referenced by VB projects. Use the object browser to see the
properties, methods, et al, of the classes in this namespace.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

****
Think outside the box!
****

Quote:
> I'm curious...I've heard about the Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility
> namespace, but I don't seem to have it on my installation (Enterprise).
Is
> that the correct name?  Does it have all the VB6 runtime in it?  I've also
> read somewhere that you can use it (albeit with a performance hit) to
access
> VB.NET functionality that has no corollary in C#.
> Can someone point me to the right .NET classes?  Thanks..

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:35:57 GMT
 VB Compatibility Class
Cool!

Quote:
> The Compatibility namespace is in Microsoft.VisualBasic.DLL. This is
> automatically referenced by VB projects. Use the object browser to see the
> properties, methods, et al, of the classes in this namespace.

> --
> Gregory A. Beamer
> MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
> Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

> ****
> Think outside the box!

> ****

> > I'm curious...I've heard about the Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility
> > namespace, but I don't seem to have it on my installation (Enterprise).
> Is
> > that the correct name?  Does it have all the VB6 runtime in it?  I've
also
> > read somewhere that you can use it (albeit with a performance hit) to
> access
> > VB.NET functionality that has no corollary in C#.
> > Can someone point me to the right .NET classes?  Thanks..

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:46:52 GMT

1. binary compatibility - class module found

2. Binary compatibility, Public Class, Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library

3. Binary Compatibility Changes with Persistable Classes

4. binary compatibility - class module found

5. binary compatibility across com classes

6. Preserve compatibility doesn't preserve compatibility

7. No Compatibility Vs Project Compatibility

8. vb 6 and vb .NET compatibility

9. Compatibility issues with VB 3.0 and VB 4.0

10. Problem with a vb.Net class inheriting from a c# class

11. How to call one VB class module method from another class in an ActiveX dll

12. Dim obj As New Class crt Dim Obj As Class = New Class