asp query client mime type
Author Message
 asp query client mime type

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to build an "ASPX" front door for our Citrix server.
I've got one problem that's beating me up.
Is there any way for the server to query the client to see if the citrix
client is installed?

The Citrix client uses "ICA" files to control connections and these are
registered as mime/type "application/x-ica"
But I can't figure how to detect that... The end result is that if the
client isn't installed a redirect to an "ICA" file is cancelled.

Help.......?

Jim

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 03:37:42 GMT
 asp query client mime type
OK,
I found this, but how can I use it?

'------------------------------------------
ClientVersion.vbs ------------------------------------------

Dim WshShell, objFSO, strOCXLocation, strICAVersion

strOCXLocation =
WshShell.RegRead("HKCR\CLSID\{238F6F83-B8B4-11CF-8771-00A024541EE3}\InprocSe
rver32\")
strICAVersion = objFSO.GetFileVersion(strOCXLocation)
Wscript.echo strICAVersion

'------------------------------------------
ClientVersion.vbs ------------------------------------------

Quote:
> Hi Guys,

> I'm trying to build an "ASPX" front door for our Citrix server.
> I've got one problem that's beating me up.
> Is there any way for the server to query the client to see if the citrix
> client is installed?

> The Citrix client uses "ICA" files to control connections and these are
> registered as mime/type "application/x-ica"
> But I can't figure how to detect that... The end result is that if the
> client isn't installed a redirect to an "ICA" file is cancelled.

> Help.......?

> Jim

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 04:31:26 GMT

1. client site mime type detection

2. Detecting MIME type of another document (client side)

3. client site mime type detection

4. ASP: Correct filename and MIME type to browser

5. VB.NET MIME-TYPE Viewer?

6. IE and MIME type

7. Launching Excel through setting the MIME type

8. text mime type problem

9. detecting MIME types installed in IE via VBScript

10. Why do mime types open in browser?

11. How to set MIME type using MAPI?

12. Registering a MIME type for a helper application during setup