DLL in HTML
Author Message
 DLL in HTML

hi all,

I write a timer dll by VB.NET and put it in a html. The web could show the
timer if I access to localhost. However, when I try to
connect to the same web by ip, there's nothing to be shown.

could anyone help?
Thank you very much
Jarviscc

my codes:
<script language="jscript">
<OBJECT id="timertest" height="500" width="500"
classid="http:Clock.dll#Clock.UserControl1">
</OBJECT>

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:40:46 GMT
 DLL in HTML

Quote:

what's the "http:" doing in there ?

> </OBJECT>

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:57:25 GMT
 DLL in HTML
Hi,
I'm not so sure. I just follow what was told in a wrox book. It really works
if I browse http://localhost/test1.html
but not
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/test1.html

Quote:

> > hi all,

> > I write a timer dll by VB.NET and put it in a html. The web could show
the
> > timer if I access to localhost. However, when I try to
> > connect to the same web by ip, there's nothing to be shown.

> > could anyone help?
> > Thank you very much
> > Jarviscc

> > my codes:
> > <script language="jscript">
> > <OBJECT id="timertest" height="500" width="500"
> > classid="http:Clock.dll#Clock.UserControl1">

> what's the "http:" doing in there ?

> > </OBJECT>

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:14:52 GMT
 DLL in HTML

Quote:
> Hi,
> I'm not so sure. I just follow what was told in a wrox book. It really
works
> if I browse http://localhost/test1.html
> but not
> http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/test1.html

remove the "http:" and make sure Clock.dll is in the same directory as your
test1.html file ... should work ....
Quote:

> > > hi all,

> > > I write a timer dll by VB.NET and put it in a html. The web could show
> the
> > > timer if I access to localhost. However, when I try to
> > > connect to the same web by ip, there's nothing to be shown.

> > > could anyone help?
> > > Thank you very much
> > > Jarviscc

> > > my codes:
> > > <script language="jscript">
> > > <OBJECT id="timertest" height="500" width="500"
> > > classid="http:Clock.dll#Clock.UserControl1">

> > what's the "http:" doing in there ?

> > > </OBJECT>

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:50:13 GMT
 DLL in HTML
Hi Liz,

I have tried what u suggested. Thank you.
But seems that the situation is the same.
May I know if there are any requirements to the browser (maybe ActiveX
security issues) or to the construction of the DLL, in order to make things
work?

I also tried to change the code like this

 <script language="jscript">
     function haha()
     {
          aaaa.startclock();
     }
  </script>
<OBJECT id="aaaa" height="500" width="500"
classid="Clock.dll#Clock.UserControl1">
  </OBJECT>

If I browse with IP, I found an error of "Object doesn't support this
property or method". Any clues?  Thanks a lot!

Jarvis

Quote:

> > Hi,
> > I'm not so sure. I just follow what was told in a wrox book. It really
> works
> > if I browse http://localhost/test1.html
> > but not
> > http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/test1.html

> remove the "http:" and make sure Clock.dll is in the same directory as
your
> test1.html file ... should work ....

> > the

> > > what's the "http:" doing in there ?

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:22:27 GMT
 DLL in HTML

Quote:
> Hi Liz,

> I have tried what u suggested. Thank you.
> But seems that the situation is the same.
> May I know if there are any requirements to the browser (maybe ActiveX
> security issues) or to the construction of the DLL, in order to make
things
> work?

yes, check your browser security ... check your spelling and references;
check DLL location .. are you accessing a web server with HTTP:// or using
the FILE:// protocol ?  has to be HTTP ...

Does the function not work or do you not even see the control ?  my <OBJECT
... also has "name=MyControl" in addition to "id=MyControl" .. not sure that
makes any difference but worth trying ....

oh, I notice you're calling the function on the BODY onload event ... the
control may not be loaded when that event fires ... put a button on the form
and call haha() from it ...

<input type=button name=foo value="Click Me" onClick=haha()>

Quote:
> I also tried to change the code like this

>  <script language="jscript">
>      function haha()
>      {
>           aaaa.startclock();
>      }
>   </script>
> <OBJECT id="aaaa" height="500" width="500"
> classid="Clock.dll#Clock.UserControl1">
>   </OBJECT>

> If I browse with IP, I found an error of "Object doesn't support this
> property or method". Any clues?  Thanks a lot!

> Jarvis

> > > Hi,
> > > I'm not so sure. I just follow what was told in a wrox book. It really
> > works
> > > if I browse http://localhost/test1.html
> > > but not
> > > http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/test1.html

> > remove the "http:" and make sure Clock.dll is in the same directory as
> your
> > test1.html file ... should work ....

> show
> > > the

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:34:20 GMT
 DLL in HTML

Quote:

> > Hi Liz,

> > I have tried what u suggested. Thank you.
> > But seems that the situation is the same.
> > May I know if there are any requirements to the browser (maybe ActiveX
> > security issues) or to the construction of the DLL, in order to make
> things
> > work?

> yes, check your browser security ... check your spelling and references;
> check DLL location .. are you accessing a web server with HTTP:// or using
> the FILE:// protocol ?  has to be HTTP ...

> Does the function not work or do you not even see the control ?  my
<OBJECT
> ... also has "name=MyControl" in addition to "id=MyControl" .. not sure
that
> makes any difference but worth trying ....

> oh, I notice you're calling the function on the BODY onload event ... the
> control may not be loaded when that event fires ... put a button on the
form
> and call haha() from it ...

> <input type=button name=foo value="Click Me" onClick=haha()>

> > I also tried to change the code like this

> >  <script language="jscript">
> >      function haha()
> >      {
> >           aaaa.startclock();
> >      }
> >   </script>
> > <OBJECT id="aaaa" height="500" width="500"
> > classid="Clock.dll#Clock.UserControl1">
> >   </OBJECT>

> > If I browse with IP, I found an error of "Object doesn't support this
> > property or method". Any clues?  Thanks a lot!

> > Jarvis

> > > works

> > > remove the "http:" and make sure Clock.dll is in the same directory as
> > your
> > > test1.html file ... should work ....

> > show

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:18:55 GMT
 DLL in HTML
Okay, let me try this again:

<OBJECT id="aaaa" height="500" width="500"
classid="Clock.dll#Clock.UserControl1"></OBJECT>

I've never seen the above syntax work. I have seen the below systax work:

<OBJECT id="Cn" CLASSID="CLSID:00000514-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4"
hieght=0 width=0></OBJECT>

Perhaps, you may want to get the CLSID for the object from the registry and
then try the above.

Quote:

> > Hi Liz,

> > I have tried what u suggested. Thank you.
> > But seems that the situation is the same.
> > May I know if there are any requirements to the browser (maybe ActiveX
> > security issues) or to the construction of the DLL, in order to make
> things
> > work?

> yes, check your browser security ... check your spelling and references;
> check DLL location .. are you accessing a web server with HTTP:// or using
> the FILE:// protocol ?  has to be HTTP ...

> Does the function not work or do you not even see the control ?  my
<OBJECT
> ... also has "name=MyControl" in addition to "id=MyControl" .. not sure
that
> makes any difference but worth trying ....

> oh, I notice you're calling the function on the BODY onload event ... the
> control may not be loaded when that event fires ... put a button on the
form
> and call haha() from it ...

> <input type=button name=foo value="Click Me" onClick=haha()>

> > I also tried to change the code like this

> >  <script language="jscript">
> >      function haha()
> >      {
> >           aaaa.startclock();
> >      }
> >   </script>
> > <OBJECT id="aaaa" height="500" width="500"
> > classid="Clock.dll#Clock.UserControl1">
> >   </OBJECT>

> > If I browse with IP, I found an error of "Object doesn't support this
> > property or method". Any clues?  Thanks a lot!

> > Jarvis

> > > works

> > > remove the "http:" and make sure Clock.dll is in the same directory as
> > your
> > > test1.html file ... should work ....

> > show

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:24:46 GMT
 DLL in HTML
I think you are trying to use href exes in .NET.

The reason why it works on http://localhost/ and not over an IP address is due to code access security (CAS) - running an executable from the internet
domain is a bad idea unless you've established trust between your client machine and the server.  You would need to configure policy to allow your
machine to run code over the internet.

I believe there are folks with more knowledge in this area on the windowsforms forum.

--
Adam Braden, VB DotNet Team

--------------------

Quote:

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Quote:
>Subject: Re: DLL in HTML

>Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:18:55 GMT

ntli.net!cox.net!cyclone1.gnilink.net!wn14feed!wn13feed!worldnet.att.net!204.127.198.203!attbi_feed3!attbi.com!rwcrnsc54.POSTED!not-for-mail

Quote:

--
<My_Name>, <My_Community_Room> Team

Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:57:49 GMT

1. Calling a method in a vb dll from html page - newbie question

2. launch dll from HTML page

3. navigate res://<Dll>/html/<htmlfile>

4. DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL

5. HTML Page within my app using DLLs

6. vb5, shdocvw.dll or other activX able to display HTML 3.2 DOC

7. Get HTML Source with SHDOCVW.DLL

8. Looking for HTML parsing add-in (OCX, DLL, Code or WHY)

9. .HTML Writting .DLL for VB5

10. HTML Report DLL Available

11. ActiveX Control in HTML comm. with server DLL

12. Calling DLL's from HTML