Serializing Request.Querystring
Author Message
 Serializing Request.Querystring

Is it possible to serialize the Request.Querystring?

It is a System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection object, which
implements ISerializable, has a GetObjectData and so forth, but serializing
it to a memory stream does not seem to work...

The problem seems to come from it also implementing the ICollection
interface, which requires the add(string) method to be implemented...

I have an example below - feel free to point out anything obvious...

Can anyone help?
cheers,
Stephen C.

Dim Serialize As XmlSerializer
Serialize = New
XmlSerializer(GetType(System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection)) '
error
Serialize.Serialize(Console.Out, Request.QueryString)

(You must implement the Add(System.String) method on
System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection because it inherits from
ICollection.)

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 04:22:53 GMT
 Serializing Request.Querystring
This looks like a problem in the implementation of the XmlSerializer. Thank
you for reporting this to us.  It is possible to be fixed in the next
version of VS.NET.

David Yuan [MS]
"Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com".

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:43:27 GMT

1. Need more Request.QueryString and Request.Form help

2. Can I Request.form and Request.querystring?

3. How to use VBA to send Request QueryString to an ASP page

4. NameValueCollection, Request.QueryString, WebForm usage

5. Problems with listbox and asp and request.querystring.

6. Request.QueryString

7. Request.QueryString

8. VBScript Equivalent to Request.Querystring

9. Merge, Request.QueryString

10. cannot get the Request.QueryString

11. Request.QueryString help

12. Request.Querystring/Form