Globalization and Localization !
Author Message
 Globalization and Localization !

Just a thought......Is threading a possible solution? But tell me how.?

Thanks,
Punit Singh

Quote:
> Hi all,
> I wanna make an application in 2 languages. The visualization part of the
> form can be easily made in terms of different resource files by making the
> form localizable and selecting different languages.
> But how can I make the different calculations to be made in respective
> units.The program is made to work 4 FPS unit.I want that if somebody
selects
> to work with SI unit, the program should take the input, change it to FPS
> unit and do the calculations using the same formula as 4 FPS and change
the
> results to SI for displaying it to the user.In this way, I wanna leave the
> possibility to extend this application 4 more units.
> Is my approach wrong? What other approaches can be there? Any ideas on how
> to implement this?

> Just a thought......Is it possible to have another .vb file (code behind
the
> form) 4 the same form????

> Thanks in advance!
> Punit Singh

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:47:50 GMT
[...]

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:10:12 GMT
 Globalization and Localization !
In a module
public g_language as string

At the top of each form, in order to use the resource files automatically

Imports System.Globalization
Imports System.Threading

In the formload module of the first form you access

g_language =
system.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.TwoLetterISOLanguageName

Whenever you want to execute specific code that is different based on the
current language
of the detected language of the user's operating system.

select Case UCase$(g_language)
    Case Is = "EN"
       msg = "This code executes if it's english"
    Case Is = "FR"
       msg = "This code executes if it's french"
End Select
msgbox msg

Hope this helps

Quote:
> Hi all,
> I wanna make an application in 2 languages. The visualization part of the
> form can be easily made in terms of different resource files by making the
> form localizable and selecting different languages.
> But how can I make the different calculations to be made in respective
> units.The program is made to work 4 FPS unit.I want that if somebody
selects
> to work with SI unit, the program should take the input, change it to FPS
> unit and do the calculations using the same formula as 4 FPS and change
the
> results to SI for displaying it to the user.In this way, I wanna leave the
> possibility to extend this application 4 more units.
> Is my approach wrong? What other approaches can be there? Any ideas on how
> to implement this?

> Just a thought......Is it possible to have another .vb file (code behind
the
> form) 4 the same form????

> Thanks in advance!
> Punit Singh

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 00:25:16 GMT

1. Localization, Globalization

2. Globalization?

3. Many questions about Globalization namespace

4. Override Globalization.Calendar?

5. ANN: MULTILIZER -- better time-to-market software globalization

6. Need help in Globalization

7. Need help in Globalization

8. Crystal Reports.NET does not understand System.Globalization

9. Need help in Globalization (UNICODE DISPLAY)

10. Help!!! Access localization

11. localization problem

12. Problem testing a localization demo