Retriving a Value from WMI? HowTO?
Author Message
 Retriving a Value from WMI? HowTO?

a few days ago i posted a msg about how to get the mboard temperature using WMI, as usual i got a quick and helpfull answer, but
this time looks like im tooo lame and i dont know how to implement it...
the guy answered me with a WMI query, but now im not sure how to use it, what he said was....

"FWIW the path \\COMPUTERNAME\root\CIMV2:Win32_ComputerSystem.Name="COMPUTERNAME" seems possible. It has a ThermalState property.
Alternately, the query for a ManagementEven{*filter*}cher would be SELECT * FROM __InstanceOperationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance
ISA "Win32_TemperatureProbe""

now, how im suposed to use that? i just want to retrive the value and put it up in a varible.... any help plz?

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 02:35:33 GMT

1. Howto inventory applications with WMI?

2. Retriving Values from a Continuous Form

3. Retrive Enum Value if I have Enum Constant Name as a String

4. Retrive Dataset Column Value?

5. ADO - Retriving Key Value after Update

6. How would I save and retrive strings/values in the Registry

7. Retriving POST Header value....

8. Retrive RBG values

9. Retrive Key Value of a Collection

10. retrive table values

11. RETRIVING OUTPUT PARAMETER VALUE PROBLEM

12. RETRIVING VALUES IN RECORDSET PROBLEM