Please tell me you experience in writing a .NET application in 2 languages (VB.NET and C#)
Author Message
 Please tell me you experience in writing a .NET application in 2 languages (VB.NET and C#)

Hi!!

Do you have any positive or negative experiences in writing a .NET
application in two languages (VB.NET and C#).
Are there any constraint by the developing in 2 languages.

Pawel

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:31:01 GMT
 Please tell me you experience in writing a .NET application in 2 languages (VB.NET and C#)
Haven't had any direct experience, but I know that a book that I am reading
has pointed out some things to be careful of when developing classes in C#
that will be used with VB.  Off the top of my head, it seems as though there
are some special rules to follow if you want to do operator overloading.

Initially, our shop looked at writing in 2 languages.  We were operating on
the premise that VB.Net would be easier to learn.  On that model, our
component and framework developers would have used C# and our asp.net
programmers would have used VB.Net.

As we began to learn C#, our development team unonymously agreed that C# was
the way to go with all development -- it just wasn't that hard to learn.

(Not trying to start any language wars, that's just the opinion that we
arrived on at our shop) <g>

-- Jeremy

Quote:

> Hi!!

> Do you have any positive or negative experiences in writing a .NET
> application in two languages (VB.NET and C#).
> Are there any constraint by the developing in 2 languages.

> Pawel

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 07:21:25 GMT
 Please tell me you experience in writing a .NET application in 2 languages (VB.NET and C#)

all i know i that i *really* *really* miss the edit-and-continue
functionality....

...come back vb6 all is forgiven ...

Quote:

> Hi!!

> Do you have any positive or negative experiences in writing a .NET
> application in two languages (VB.NET and C#).
> Are there any constraint by the developing in 2 languages.

> Pawel

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:00:34 GMT
 Please tell me you experience in writing a .NET application in 2 languages (VB.NET and C#)
...come back vb6 all is forgiven ...????????

NO WAY!!!!!

Pawel

Quote:

> all i know i that i *really* *really* miss the edit-and-continue
> functionality....

> ...come back vb6 all is forgiven ...

> > Hi!!

> > Do you have any positive or negative experiences in writing a .NET
> > application in two languages (VB.NET and C#).
> > Are there any constraint by the developing in 2 languages.

> > Pawel

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:28:59 GMT
 Please tell me you experience in writing a .NET application in 2 languages (VB.NET and C#)
Hi Pawel,

Check out this article on MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgu...
l/cpconcommonlanguagespecification.asp

-Shawn

Please do not send email directly to this alias, this alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:

> Hi!!

> Do you have any positive or negative experiences in writing a .NET
> application in two languages (VB.NET and C#).
> Are there any constraint by the developing in 2 languages.

> Pawel

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 06:40:42 GMT

1. Tell me you experience in convert code from VB 6 to VB.NET or C#

2. Experienced Users..please tell me

3. How to write multi-language application with VB?

4. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

5. Can I read/write IIS Application variables from VB.NET

6. Please Help, databinding VB Asp.Net Web application(not datagrid)

7. Recommended VB.NET book for experienced student?

8. An experienced VB guy going to .NET needs advice

9. experiences with other languages

10. Has anyone had experience creating dual language apps?

11. Experience with using different languages (e.g. Japanese)

12. Tell me how to write VB Scripts