really silly question on "Builds"
Author Message
 really silly question on "Builds"

Hi,

Whats the difference between the "Build" option and the "ReBuild" option in
the VS.NET menu?

What is happening behind the scenes? Have always wondered. To me it looks as
though they do the same job.

Thanks

Gary

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 17:46:47 GMT
 really silly question on "Builds"
ReBuild basically removes the /bin directory then does a complete build from
there (i.e. as if the project had never been compiled before.)  Build uses
the existing /bin directory and associated files and just builds a new
output file (DLL or EXE depending).

HTH

David

Quote:

> > Hi,

> > Whats the difference between the "Build" option and the "ReBuild" option
> in
> > the VS.NET menu?

> > What is happening behind the scenes? Have always wondered. To me it
looks
> as
> > though they do the same job.

> This is speculative, so take my remarks w/ salt.

> On other platforms, build will only build those units/modules that need to
> be built.  Rebuild, on the other hand, will force a build of all
> units/modules.  This is partly suggested by vs.net's help topic on
> "Rebuilding projects," by saying that it "Cleans and then builds the
> specified solution configuration."

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:14:12 GMT
 really silly question on "Builds"

Quote:
> Hi,

> Whats the difference between the "Build" option and the "ReBuild" option
in
> the VS.NET menu?

> What is happening behind the scenes? Have always wondered. To me it looks
as
> though they do the same job.

This is speculative, so take my remarks w/ salt.

On other platforms, build will only build those units/modules that need to
be built.  Rebuild, on the other hand, will force a build of all
units/modules.  This is partly suggested by vs.net's help topic on
"Rebuilding projects," by saying that it "Cleans and then builds the
specified solution configuration."

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:04:30 GMT

1. no "build" facility available in VBA

2. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

3. Where is "Building Internet Applications"

4. Database Reports built "on the fly"

5. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

6. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

7. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

8. Loop print "VARIABLE", "VARIABLE"

9. DLL or something like "#"#ยค#"!"#

10. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

12. Problem With "window.showmodaldialog("")"