Stored proc parameters in crystal reports
Author Message
 Stored proc parameters in crystal reports

Please help.
Can anyone tell me how to pass stored procedure parameters into a report
using vb.net?
I have a report based on a stored procedure and I need to pass a parameter
to the stored procedure.
I'm using the CrystalReportViewer control.
Currently the report prompts for the parameter before it runs.
I also have a report with a subreport who's recordsource is a stored
procedure.  How do I pass a parameter to the subreport.  I haven't found any
help at all with this at the Seagate Crystal Reports website.
Are there any websites out there with good examples?
Thanks in advance.

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:30:48 GMT
 Stored proc parameters in crystal reports
Hi,

Here is an article on MSDN magazine that demonstrates how to use Crystal
Report in .NET in various ways, including how to assign parameter to the
stored procedure that the report is designed against:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/05/Crystal/Crystal.asp

You can find the approach to assign parameter to the stored procedure under
the [Reporting from Stored Procedures] section and the code is in Figure 9.

For your convenience, I copied the code snippet here for your reference:
    Dim pvCustPattern As New CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterValues()
    Dim pdvCustPattern As New _
      CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterDiscreteValue()
    pdvCustPattern.Value = "A"
    pvCustPattern.Add(pdvCustPattern)
    cbsMain.DataDefinition.ParameterFields _

    cvwMain.ReportSource = cbsMain

Regards,
Elan Zhou
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:15:58 GMT
 Stored proc parameters in crystal reports
This approach produces no errrors, but the report still prompts for the
parameter values - how can I stop the report from prompting for the
parameters.

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:52:45 GMT

1. passing stored proc parameters to crystal reports

2. Stored Proc with Parameter in Crystal for VB.NET

3. Passing parameter from VB6 to a CRW report based on a Stored Proc

4. problem with crystal report using sybase stored proc

5. Crystal Report 7 Does Not Recognize Stored Proc Params

6. Crystal report & SQL stored proc

7. Crystal report using SQL stored proc locks server!!

8. Gripe: Stored Proc + Crystal Reports

9. Pblm using Crystal Report Wiith Stored Proc.

10. PB with Crystal Report Oracle and Stored Proc

11. PB with Crystal Report 5.0, Oracle and stored proc

12. VB.NET,SQL SERVER 2000 STORED PROCEDURE PARAMETERS, CRYSTAL REPORTS