My database connection times out...
Author Message
 My database connection times out...

I have a database connection, and I open it when my programs starts, and
close it again when the user quits the program.

But in VB.NET it seems like it closes the database automatically after it
has been inactive a couple of minutes.

How can I prevent this?

/Michael

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 15:44:18 GMT
 My database connection times out...
Michael -
You should be able to set the conection timeout in the connection string to
your database.

hope this helps,

Steve
VB Team

> I have a database connection, and I open it when my programs starts, and
> close it again when the user quits the program.

> But in VB.NET it seems like it closes the database automatically after it
> has been inactive a couple of minutes.

> How can I prevent this?

> /Michael

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 05:08:01 GMT

1. Filesystem Time outs

2. Session Variable Time-outs

3. Time-outs

4. Need help with time outs

5. improving database connection times

6. DataEnvironment Connection To Access Database at Run time

7. Global DB Connections...RunTime Variable used for Design-Time DataAdapter Connection

8. university EMR send outs

9. on the outs

10. Learning the ins and outs of Peek and Poke

11. How to handle print outs in VB?

12. Multi User Connection via COM for database connection