Access Files
Author Message
 Access Files

I'm basically creating an app that interacts with *.mdb files.  Is it
necessary to have Access installed on the target machine, or is there a way
to include read/write/etc. functionality on the target machine without
actually having Access installed.  Currently it runs fine on any machine
with Access loaded, but when I tried it on a machine without Access, it
bombed.  I currently have all of the appropriate references for Access/ADO.

James

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 21:12:00 GMT
 Access Files
Quote:
>Is it necessary to have Access installed on the target

machine, or is there a way to include read/write/etc.
functionality on the target machine without actually
having Access installed.

With all database connections, you don't have to install
the DBMS (Access in your case) on the client, but you do
have to install the database drivers. You can either
create and run an installation package (setup program)
which includes the drivers, or you can install the drivers
manually using RegSvr32.exe.

- Jarod Chay

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 03:38:25 GMT

1. open a access file from another access file

2. Access 2000 - Error accessing file - vbe6.dll bug.

3. Access ACC2000:Error Message: Error Accessing File

4. Error Accessing File in Access 2000

5. Att: MS Rita Nikas per your request: Access 2000/2002 Error Accessing File

6. direct access to an Access file

7. Opening an Access File inside an Access Application

8. access.application object can't open access file

9. Open an Access-File but no Access -- please give some Tips

10. VB access internet's access file

11. File Warehouse - letting users access files

12. reading binary file and writing into a random access file