Public Get and Friend Set Property
Author Message
 Public Get and Friend Set Property

No. You will have to create 2 separate properties.

thanks,
VB Team

> Is there any way outside of creating two seperate named
> properties to create a property that is a Friend for Set
> and Public for Get.  I want to allow readonly access
> outside the creator object but allow the creator to write
> to the property when it needs to.

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:22:05 GMT
 Public Get and Friend Set Property
At present, there is no way to specify separate accessibilities for the
accessors of a property.

John Hamby, VB.Net

> Is there any way outside of creating two seperate named
> properties to create a property that is a Friend for Set
> and Public for Get.  I want to allow readonly access
> outside the creator object but allow the creator to write
> to the property when it needs to.

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:33:00 GMT

1. Public Get Friend Set Property

2. Friend is Public?

3. Friend vs Public

4. Friend vs Public

5. Friend vs Private class and public

6. friend and public

7. SETTING (not Getting) the Caption property of a field

8. TopIndex property is not getting set

9. Host for Property Pages or Public Property Page

10. Host for Property Pages or Public Property Page

11. Why warn about: Friend Overridable Sub / Friend MustOverride Sub

12. Friend Property