Filling a ComboBox with data from DB
Author Message
 Filling a ComboBox with data from DB

Hi, I have a ComboBox that I want to fill with data (generate the list to
pick from). I can't find the way to populate the list. I have a Dataset that
the Combobox should get it's list data from, and I have verified that there
is data in the Dataset. The table in the dataset has the fields myID,
myDescription. Any ideas?

T.I.Rislaa

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:37:50 GMT
 Filling a ComboBox with data from DB

Quote:
> Hi, I have a ComboBox that I want to fill with data (generate the
> list to pick from). I can't find the way to populate the list. I have
> a Dataset that the Combobox should get it's list data from, and I
> have verified that there is data in the Dataset. The table in the
> dataset has the fields myID, myDescription. Any ideas?

ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/vbcon/html/vboriWindowsFormsDataArchitecture.htm

(link for VS 2002 docs)

See also:
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms.databinding

--
Armin

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:01:00 GMT
 Filling a ComboBox with data from DB
Hi,

        Combobox1.DataSource = ds.Tables("TableName")
        ComboBox1.DisplayMember = "FieldName"

Ken
-----------

Quote:
> Hi, I have a ComboBox that I want to fill with data (generate the list to
> pick from). I can't find the way to populate the list. I have a Dataset
that
> the Combobox should get it's list data from, and I have verified that
there
> is data in the Dataset. The table in the dataset has the fields myID,
> myDescription. Any ideas?

> T.I.Rislaa

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 20:21:00 GMT

1. I want to fill a ComboBox with tables from an Access DB

2. Filling a comboBox with ODBC-data

3. Filling a Secondary Combobox based on information from a primary combobox

4. Read data from DB into combobox?

5. Copy Data Structures no data DB to DB

6. Programatically fill a combobox A2K ??

7. Using the pipe symbol to fill a listbox or combobox

8. ComboBox Custom Fill Functions

9. fill combobox with contents directory

10. Reference ComboBox item to fill ListBox

11. Fill a combobox

12. How to clear a filled combobox