FileSystemWatcher
Author Message
 FileSystemWatcher

Hi all,
  I'm using the FileSystemWatcher object within a Windows Service
Application.  It seems to work if I place files in the folder it's
monitoring one by one but if I place multiple files (I placed four files in
the folder at once) the filesystemwatcher doesn't get them all.  I'm using
the FileSystemWatcher1_Created method with a NotifyFilter Setting of
"FileName, DirectoryName, LastWrite" to detect the files and act on them.
All files placed in the folder have the proper extension which falls under
the file mask I have defined so all should be detected.

Shouldn't all files be detected and as such acted upon?

Now, my question is there a way to monitor the folder and pick files up
WithOut needing any activity.  For instance, on a timer, monitor the folder
and pick up files with that extension.  Does FileSystemWatcher have this
funcitonality or will I need to build it into my Windows Service?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 04:59:18 GMT

1. Threading and the FileSystemWatcher WatchForChanges method

2. FileSystemWatcher - capture who changed the file?

3. newbie question about FileSystemWatcher

4. FileSystemWatcher Path / Directory size

5. does FileSystemWatcher class work with Windows 98 ??

6. FileSystemWatcher

7. FileSystemWatcher Help.

8. Get Name Of FileSystemWatcher

9. FileSystemWatcher name by sender

10. FileSystemWatcher Service and network drives

11. FileSystemWatcher

12. FileSystemWatcher Issue with UNC