COM+
Author Message
 COM+

Is it a good idea to write .net dlls(business rules) and call them from the
asp.net page or should i just use the code behind? Should I move the .net
dlls to a package in COM+ or just leave them in the bin directory?

Thanks

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:10:45 GMT
 COM+
I don't think leaving dlls in bin or moving them to COM+ is related at all.
You should use COM+ if you have specialized needs such as transactions.
Otherwise, you could place an assembly in the GAC, and now a copy of the dll
doesn't need to be in the bin directory, or you could place it in bin.

I think you should use codebehind, as this is what it was created for - to
separate the business and presentation layers. You could have your code in
the codebehind, or just call other assemblies that contain the business
logic.

Quote:
> Is it a good idea to write .net dlls(business rules) and call them from
the
> asp.net page or should i just use the code behind? Should I move the .net
> dlls to a package in COM+ or just leave them in the bin directory?

> Thanks

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:19:26 GMT

1. Where can i find Com+ Services type library or Component services com+ 1.0 for Win98

2. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

3. Begginer question about com/com+

4. Com and Com+ component

5. book on com/com+

6. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

7. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

8. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

9. how to program with com+ and vb.net???

10. com+ System.InvalidCastException: QueryInterface for interface failed

11. Problem passing VB COM+ ASP Request object to .NET component System.Web.HTTPRequest through COM interop