Can the datagrid automatically generate a new row?
Author Message
 Can the datagrid automatically generate a new row?

Can the datagrid automatically generate a new row? Is this possible?

I want to have two rows in a datagrid. The first row is for the user to type
in the data. The second row is a blank row. When the user finish entering
the first row, they can simply click on the blank row. Then the blank row
will allow the use to enter data, and a new blank row will be added to the
datagrid.

Is this idea workable for the current datagrid? and can I get any help
documents if proper?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 04:55:29 GMT
 Can the datagrid automatically generate a new row?
this may be what you want:

A Truly Excel-like Grid Control by Dino Esposito
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndi...

Quote:
> Can the datagrid automatically generate a new row? Is this possible?

> I want to have two rows in a datagrid. The first row is for the user to
type
> in the data. The second row is a blank row. When the user finish entering
> the first row, they can simply click on the blank row. Then the blank row
> will allow the use to enter data, and a new blank row will be added to the
> datagrid.

> Is this idea workable for the current datagrid? and can I get any help
> documents if proper?

> Thanks for any suggestion.

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 05:42:30 GMT
 Can the datagrid automatically generate a new row?
Thanks for your reply. The Dino Esposito's samlple actually uses a "Insert"
button, which I don't like. What I want is when the user clicks on the blank
row, a new row can be appended automatically, and there is always one blank
row for insert.

Quote:
> this may be what you want:

> A Truly Excel-like Grid Control by Dino Esposito

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndi...
Quote:
> /data02142002.asp

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 06:32:05 GMT
 Can the datagrid automatically generate a new row?
Shawn,

Web?

It would take some darn ugly JScript. You might want to try third party on
this if you really need it.

Kathleen

Quote:
> Can the datagrid automatically generate a new row? Is this possible?

> I want to have two rows in a datagrid. The first row is for the user to
type
> in the data. The second row is a blank row. When the user finish entering
> the first row, they can simply click on the blank row. Then the blank row
> will allow the use to enter data, and a new blank row will be added to the
> datagrid.

> Is this idea workable for the current datagrid? and can I get any help
> documents if proper?

> Thanks for any suggestion.

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:34:40 GMT

1. automatically generating new page

2. datagrid - catching whether editing or adding a new row

3. DataGrid, don't want the last row (new record), how to remove

4. how to prevent adding new rows to a datagrid

5. DataGrid Creating New Rows Question

6. DataGrid - Begining edit of new row in code

7. Inserting new rows in datagrid.

8. Autonumber key from ACCESS database for new row into Datagrid

9. Datagrid - Prevent Delete / New Rows

10. Datagrid - Validating new user appended rows

11. New Row of DataGrid

12. New Row of DataGrid