Form Design Question -- Matching items in two listboxes
Author Message
 Form Design Question -- Matching items in two listboxes

Here's what I'd like to accomplish.  I'd like to have two listboxes on my
form (side by side).  I'd like the user to first select an item from the
left-hand listbox and then select an item from the right-hand listbox.  The
user will then click a "Match" button.  I'd like a line to then be drawn
between those two items in the listboxes.  Think of this interface the same
as what you'd find in SQL Server's DTS when you match colums from the Source
and Destination data sources.

Drawing a line on a form is relatively easy.  However, there are three
"tricky" areas that I can see -- they are as follows:

1) Knowing the coordinates (on the form) of the item in the list so I know
where to start my line.
2) Updating the lines when the user scrolls one or both of the listboxes.
3) Allowing the user to "select" a line and click on a "Remove" button to
remove that match.

So, what I'm wondering is if someone out there has already done this and
might be willing to share a sample...  If not, got any ideas in regards to
my three "issues"?

Thanks in advance for your help!

TK Herman
tk.herman AT ensi.com

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 04:51:03 GMT

1. Matching items in two ListBoxes

2. VB - Compare two list box items - display the matched fields in list3

3. matching two listboxes...

4. VB - Compare two list box items - display the matched fields in list3

5. select listbox item based on match found in table

6. RegExp question: match within another match

7. two listbox with checkbox style questions

8. Referring ListBox Items from Another Web Form

9. Forms.ListBox - clearing selected item help

10. Question: Deleting Multiple Items in ListBox??

11. ListBox Question - Removing Items

12. Cannot Re-Select ListBox Item on Word Form