Big problems with setup and deployment of an ASP.NET application on our server...
Author Message
 Big problems with setup and deployment of an ASP.NET application on our server...

Quote:

> still doesn't work. I get an error message that says "Library not
> registered" and a Stack Trace that looks like this:

> at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at
> System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at
> System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at

I have tracked down this error to KB doc Q269489:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;EN-US;Q269489

Specifically the Win2KSP3 Server that gave this error is missing the
HKCR\Typelib\{97...} key mentioned in the document:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{97d25db0-0363-11cf-abc4-02608c9e7553}
This key should contain a key named 1.0 that has three further keys:
0, Flags,  and HelpDir. The 0 key should have a subkey named win32
that should have a value that points to
%systemroot%\system32\activeds.tlb.

Adding the key solves the problem instantly, even without rebooting.

If you have a Win2K installation where the app works, you can look
into its registry for the above key.

Hope this helps.

--
Perry Ismangil

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:20:40 GMT
 Big problems with setup and deployment of an ASP.NET application on our server...
Thanks for your reply...

You were very right, the version of activeds.tlb was correct, the
HKCR\CLSID\{080...} key was correct but the HKCR\Typelib\{97...} was
missing... So I added the key in the Registry and something did happen, but
I'm not sure for better or for worse... Now I get the following error:

      Message:  The server is not operational
      StackTrace:  at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean
throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at
System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll() at
Find.EmployeeFetcher.getEmployees(String strSelectedOffice, String
strSearchCriteria, String strUserName, String strPassword)

      Source:  System.DirectoryServices

Does this give you any clues about what might be wrong now? Which server is
not operational, the web server(?) or the server where our Active Directory
is? Could there be something corrupt with ADSI or something like that on the
web server?

Makes me really frustrated since it worked fine a couple of weeks ago... And
it works fine when I run the application on my own computer...

Any help is really appreciated...

/Martin

Quote:

> > still doesn't work. I get an error message that says "Library not
> > registered" and a Stack Trace that looks like this:

> > at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at
> > System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at
> > System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at

> I have tracked down this error to KB doc Q269489:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q269489

> Specifically the Win2KSP3 Server that gave this error is missing the
> HKCR\Typelib\{97...} key mentioned in the document:
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{97d25db0-0363-11cf-abc4-02608c9e7553}
> This key should contain a key named 1.0 that has three further keys:
> 0, Flags,  and HelpDir. The 0 key should have a subkey named win32
> that should have a value that points to
> %systemroot%\system32\activeds.tlb.

> Adding the key solves the problem instantly, even without rebooting.

> If you have a Win2K installation where the app works, you can look
> into its registry for the above key.

> Hope this helps.

> --
> Perry Ismangil

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:44:54 GMT

1. asp.net project deployment problem

2. Setup package for a ASP.NET application

3. CR.NET with ASP.NET Deployment files

4. Debugging ASP.NET/ ATL Server Application

5. creating .NET Setup and deployment appln

6. Application State in ASP and ASP.NET

7. ActiveX control Setup Deployment (not working on windows 2000 server)

8. Can I use VB.net to develop an asp.net web application

9. ASP.net VB.Net Stored Procedures in SQL Server

10. Deployment ASP.Net Help wanted

11. Authenticating to a Proxy Server from VB.NET in ASP.NET - HELP

12. Deployment of CR 8 on ASP.NET