ADO.Net Command Question
Author Message
 ADO.Net Command Question

Hello,

I have created a Database factory class which uses system.data.oracleclient,
system.data.sqlclient and sytem.data.oledb.  In this class I have a public
function called ExecuteCommand() which the user passes the commandtext and
parameters.  In this function I create a command object prepare it and
execute ... then dispose and set to nothing.  The question I have is rather
than disposing the command and setting to nothing should I buffer the
command object into let say into a Stack collection.  Now when the user
calls ExecuteCommand() I can check to see if the command is in the stack,
already prepared, select that object clear the paramaters and rebind with
new parameters.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob Panosh
Advanced Softare Designs

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:45:49 GMT
 ADO.Net Command Question
Sorry ... I accidentally sent this to the wrong NG.  Ingore this post.  It
was reposted in the appropriate NG.

Rob Panosh

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have created a Database factory class which uses

system.data.oracleclient,
Quote:
> system.data.sqlclient and sytem.data.oledb.  In this class I have a public
> function called ExecuteCommand() which the user passes the commandtext and
> parameters.  In this function I create a command object prepare it and
> execute ... then dispose and set to nothing.  The question I have is
rather
> than disposing the command and setting to nothing should I buffer the
> command object into let say into a Stack collection.  Now when the user
> calls ExecuteCommand() I can check to see if the command is in the stack,
> already prepared, select that object clear the paramaters and rebind with
> new parameters.  Any advice would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Rob Panosh
> Advanced Softare Designs

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:49:01 GMT

1. vb.net / ado.net design question

2. Newbie question (ado.net / vb.net)

3. ADO/ADO.NET to Access db question

4. ADO.NET Asincronous Commands

5. Question about VB.Net and Command Button Styles

6. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

7. ADO.NET Questions

8. ADO.NET question

9. Beginners ADO.NET Question

10. ado.net question - localhost vs (local)\NetSDK

11. ADO.NET question

12. An ADO.Net DataAdapter Update Philosophy Question for the MS gurus