Name Change on My Book
Author Message
 Name Change on My Book

For anyone who has been looking for my new book, the publisher decided at the
eleventh hour to change the name.  The new name is .NET Framework Solutions: In
Search of the Lost Win32 API.  This book contains a wealth of information about
how to work with the Win32 API from .NET applications.  All of the example code
appears in C#; most of it also appears in VB.  I also discuss some COM
functionality.  The book includes a complete MMC snap-in example, as well as
some DirectX examples.

John Mueller

Learn about my books at http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jmueller/.

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:10:33 GMT
 Name Change on My Book

Quote:
> For anyone who has been looking for my new book, the publisher decided at

the

is this a commercial newsgroup?

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:49:55 GMT
 Name Change on My Book
John,

You keep talking about this book but as far as I can determine your web site
does not mention it.  Who is the publisher?  Is it released yet?

--Bob Grommes

Quote:
> For anyone who has been looking for my new book, the publisher decided at the
> eleventh hour to change the name.  The new name is .NET Framework Solutions:
In
> Search of the Lost Win32 API.  This book contains a wealth of information
about
> how to work with the Win32 API from .NET applications.  All of the example
code
> appears in C#; most of it also appears in VB.  I also discuss some COM
> functionality.  The book includes a complete MMC snap-in example, as well as
> some DirectX examples.

> John Mueller

> Learn about my books at http://www.mwt.net/~jmueller/.

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:55:45 GMT
 Name Change on My Book

Quote:

> > For anyone who has been looking for my new book, the publisher decided
at
> the

> is this a commercial newsgroup?

No, but occasionally authors and people who have written
commercial applications post announcements like this.

Generally, it's acceptable as long as you also contribute to the
news groupd, which John as done. Also, there's a guy that sells
an obfuscator and he contributes ever now and then. Likewise
with a guy who makes a Java and .NET integration tool.

-c

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:05:58 GMT
 Name Change on My Book

Quote:
> For anyone who has been looking for my new book, the publisher decided at
the
> eleventh hour to change the name.  The new name is .NET Framework
Solutions: In
> Search of the Lost Win32 API.  This book contains a wealth of information
about
> how to work with the Win32 API from .NET applications.  All of the example
code
> appears in C#; most of it also appears in VB.  I also discuss some COM
> functionality.  The book includes a complete MMC snap-in example, as well
as
> some DirectX examples.

Sorry to hear about the book name. I can't imagine that'll be good
for marketing. Books with long titles generally don't attract as much
attention on the shelf as those with short, poignant titles.

-c

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:04:25 GMT
 Name Change on My Book
I find book announcements quite usefull. I'm always looking for new books.

Cheers

--
Robert Chapman
Manager, Applications Development

Quote:

> > For anyone who has been looking for my new book, the publisher decided
at
> the

> is this a commercial newsgroup?

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:47:22 GMT
 Name Change on My Book
Hi John,

  Your book seem very interresting...

  But my book vendor only expect to have it next october...  (ISBN
0-7821-4134-X)

  Will this book be useful to "connect" other APIs (DLLs) with C#/.NET ?

  I presently have some problem trying to create a wrapper for the Intel
Dialogic boards' APIs : there is a lot of structures with many kind of
pointers in it (like function call back pointers) and so on...  So, I need
to find more reference about Interop...

Carl.

Quote:
> For anyone who has been looking for my new book, the publisher decided at
the
> eleventh hour to change the name.  The new name is .NET Framework
Solutions: In
> Search of the Lost Win32 API.  This book contains a wealth of information
about
> how to work with the Win32 API from .NET applications.  All of the example
code
> appears in C#; most of it also appears in VB.  I also discuss some COM
> functionality.  The book includes a complete MMC snap-in example, as well
as
> some DirectX examples.

> John Mueller

> Learn about my books at http://www.mwt.net/~jmueller/.

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:45:19 GMT
 Name Change on My Book
I had mentioned my book in quite a few of the responses I provided to people's
questions.  The only reason for this message is so I wouldn't have to write
individual updates for each response.  I'm sorry if my message offended you or
anyone else on the newsgroup.  I only uploaded it to help.

John Mueller

Learn about my books at http://www.mwt.net/~jmueller/.

Quote:
> For anyone who has been looking for my new book, the publisher decided at

the

is this a commercial newsgroup?

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:02:57 GMT
 Name Change on My Book
The book is getting released in advance of the estimated date you see on most
book sites.  It's off to the printer now, but I don't expect to see it on a
shelf until the middle of September.  I was able to complete the author review
and other end of book tasks quite a bit earlier than anticipated.

I have chapters for dealing with callbacks, data structures, and everything else
you're likely to run into when converting the C/C++ header files.  I also show
how to convert macros and deal with things such as unions.  The book contains a
lot of example code, including some hardware examples that might help with your
Dialogic boards.  HTH.  Let me know if you need additional information.

John Mueller

Learn about my books at http://www.mwt.net/~jmueller/.

Hi John,

  Your book seem very interresting...

  But my book vendor only expect to have it next october...  (ISBN
0-7821-4134-X)

  Will this book be useful to "connect" other APIs (DLLs) with C#/.NET ?

  I presently have some problem trying to create a wrapper for the Intel
Dialogic boards' APIs : there is a lot of structures with many kind of
pointers in it (like function call back pointers) and so on...  So, I need
to find more reference about Interop...

Carl.

Quote:
> For anyone who has been looking for my new book, the publisher decided at
the
> eleventh hour to change the name.  The new name is .NET Framework
Solutions: In
> Search of the Lost Win32 API.  This book contains a wealth of information
about
> how to work with the Win32 API from .NET applications.  All of the example
code
> appears in C#; most of it also appears in VB.  I also discuss some COM
> functionality.  The book includes a complete MMC snap-in example, as well
as
> some DirectX examples.

> John Mueller

> Learn about my books at http://www.mwt.net/~jmueller/.

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:11:49 GMT
 Name Change on My Book
I'm currently working on an update to my Web site.  I admit that it has gotten
out-of-date.  We had some family problems this year that kept me busy and I
didn't attend to things as I normally would.  Please do keep checking my site
because I'm planning on keeping it updated monthly as I was before these other
problems arose.

The publisher is Sybex.  You'll find a complete write-up about the book at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/078214134X/qid%3D1028316895/sr...
3Dsr%5F1%5F8/102-4776834-6395316 (mind the URL wrap).  As far as I know, the
book has been sent off to the printer and will be released sometime around the
middle of next month.

John Mueller

Learn about my books at http://www.mwt.net/~jmueller/.

John,

You keep talking about this book but as far as I can determine your web site
does not mention it.  Who is the publisher?  Is it released yet?

--Bob Grommes

Quote:
> For anyone who has been looking for my new book, the publisher decided at the
> eleventh hour to change the name.  The new name is .NET Framework Solutions:
In
> Search of the Lost Win32 API.  This book contains a wealth of information
about
> how to work with the Win32 API from .NET applications.  All of the example
code
> appears in C#; most of it also appears in VB.  I also discuss some COM
> functionality.  The book includes a complete MMC snap-in example, as well as
> some DirectX examples.

> John Mueller

> Learn about my books at http://www.mwt.net/~jmueller/.

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:07:21 GMT

1. Changing control name of button doesn't change event name to be the same

2. Code to change Address Book Default Address book view

3. Changing Printer names (displayed names in printer folder)

4. HawTo: Change ProgID without changing project name

5. Books, Books, Books, wich?

6. Address book Names to array

7. use address book to enter names

8. Find Exchange Server Name/Address Book

9. Wanted: name of a good Access SQL book

10. Need to add name and address to address book

11. Changing default address book using VBA

12. booking a resource then changing the meeting resource