Get a SID from NT4 server/domain
Author Message
 Get a SID from NT4 server/domain

I'm trying to resolve the SID for a username which exists
on an NT4 domain, but can't seem to find a way to do this
in VB.NET.

I've looked at WMI (which I used to use to resolve SID to
user in VB6), but I can't seem to find any documentation
on using WMI to communicate with an NT4 domain. All the
documentation still assumes Active Directory.

If the same method also works under Win2K that would be
excellent.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 03:10:52 GMT

1. HOWTO: Enumerate servers in a NT4 domain from WSH

2. Users S.I.D. in NT4

3. Retrieving the SID for users in a domain...

4. Getting name from Domain Name Server in VB?

5. domain pruefen domain provider es domain registrieren domain angebot no domain

6. Getting domain name of parent domain

7. How to tell the difference between NT4 server and NT4 Workstation

8. Converting SID to string SID in VB

9. Convert string SID to SID

10. convert binary sid to hex sid

11. ReadEventLog: Getting Strings, SID and Data

12. Getting the SID