CONFIG file rebuilt on every build
Author Message
 CONFIG file rebuilt on every build

I've been using the .config files to store application specific data.  I've
just upgraded to VB.net 2003 and now when I do a build, my config file is
deleted and recreated, without my custom settings.

How can I get them to persist?

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 00:37:21 GMT
 CONFIG file rebuilt on every build
Create a file named App.Config and place it in the same folder as your
project.
Whenever you build, it will create a file named:
YourApp.Exe.config
and place it in your Bin folder.
--
Joe Fallon

Quote:
> I've been using the .config files to store application specific data.
I've
> just upgraded to VB.net 2003 and now when I do a build, my config file is
> deleted and recreated, without my custom settings.

> How can I get them to persist?

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:58:32 GMT

1. Difference between build and rebuild in VB.NET?

2. Build differs from Rebuild

3. Build or rebuild ?

4. how to read from xml config ex: web.config

5. Help: Rebuilding Old Project Files from EXE

6. config file get deleted when I compile

7. several config files

8. Config File

9. .config file with smart client

10. reading web.config type file from windows service

11. about app.config file

12. CONFIG files in VStudio 2003