Extended File Info
Author Message
 Extended File Info

When you view a File's Properties, and go to the Summary tab in Windows
2000, there are a number of fields there.  Anyone know how to read this
information though either C# or VB?  I don't care which language, I'm just
pressed to find a way.  Also, are these fields somehow customizable?  I
doubt it, but it's worth asking.

Thanks,
Jim

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:48:58 GMT
 Extended File Info
system.io namespace has a fileinfo object. With that you can pull up a lot
of info about the File.
Cade

Quote:
> When you view a File's Properties, and go to the Summary tab in Windows
> 2000, there are a number of fields there.  Anyone know how to read this
> information though either C# or VB?  I don't care which language, I'm just
> pressed to find a way.  Also, are these fields somehow customizable?  I
> doubt it, but it's worth asking.

> Thanks,
> Jim

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 04:24:17 GMT

1. Extended File Info

2. Info needed regarding DLL's with SQL Extended Stored Procedures

3. get a file, parse it for info, display info on webpage

4. Extended file/hard drive operations

5. Problem storing extended ANSI characters in dBase III+ file

6. Visual Basic 3 and extend file names

7. get extended Winword file properties with VB4

8. Problem saving extended ANSI characters to a dBase III+ file

9. set extended file properties

10. Accessing a files Extended atributes

11. Extended file attributes

12. File Extended Attributes