Problem with Vbproj template under .NET 2003
Author Message
 Problem with Vbproj template under .NET 2003

I've read several articles where I can configure the vbproj template to
assign the default settings for my projects. For example, I always want
newly created projects to have the OptionStrict set to ON.

I edited the XML file of WindowsApplication.vbproj under \program
files\microsoft visual studio .net
2003\vb7\vbwizards\windowsapplication\templates\1033 to include under
settings:
<Settings
OutputType = "WinExe"
OptionStrict = "On"

However it seems that the template is ignored because when I create the
project, the projects vbproj file has OptionStrict = "Off" (the default
value).

Just for testing, I also added to the template OptionExplicit = "Off". When
I created a new project, it's value was "On" (the default).

Could someone else who has .NET 2003 test this and confirm my findings. Why
is the template ignored?

P.S. To confirm that I was altering the correct template, I renamed it and
tried opening a Windows Application project and correctly received an error.

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:40:48 GMT
 Problem with Vbproj template under .NET 2003
Gidon,

        In the tools menu open options.  In the projects folder under VB
defaults you can set default settings for option strict, option explicit,
and option compare.

Ken
-----------------------

Quote:
> I've read several articles where I can configure the vbproj template to
> assign the default settings for my projects. For example, I always want
> newly created projects to have the OptionStrict set to ON.

> I edited the XML file of WindowsApplication.vbproj under \program
> files\microsoft visual studio .net
> 2003\vb7\vbwizards\windowsapplication\templates\1033 to include under
> settings:
> <Settings
> OutputType = "WinExe"
> OptionStrict = "On"

> However it seems that the template is ignored because when I create the
> project, the projects vbproj file has OptionStrict = "Off" (the default
> value).

> Just for testing, I also added to the template OptionExplicit = "Off".
When
> I created a new project, it's value was "On" (the default).

> Could someone else who has .NET 2003 test this and confirm my findings.
Why
> is the template ignored?

> P.S. To confirm that I was altering the correct template, I renamed it and
> tried opening a Windows Application project and correctly received an
error.

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:51:24 GMT

1. VB .Net 2003 Standard or VS .Net 2003 Pro for Smart Devices

2. Problem with VB.NET under .NET 2003 Final beta

3. Visual Studio .Net 2003 Final Beta, simple socket code breaks between 2002 and 2003

4. bogus build error problem much worse in VB.Net 2003

5. VB datagrid scrolling problem in VS.Net 2003

6. Problem with config files in VB.NET 2003

7. Problem -- Hide the Datagrid column in VS.NET 2003

8. Problem migrating VS.NET 2002 to 2003

9. deployment problems with .Net 2003 and Crystal

10. Office vis a vis .NET 2002 and .NET 2003

11. VB.Net Editor keystrokes lag/slow to respond (VS.NET 2003)

12. VS.NET 2003 project back to VS.NET 2002