retriving data from a pointer reference
Author Message
 retriving data from a pointer reference

I am having problems getting my actually data from a WM_COPYDATA.

I know that it is receiving the message, but every attempt at converting
the lparam into my data structure or actually anything even a string has
failed. I have seen many examples of code to do this but everything I
have found is written for VB6 which fails in VB.Net for one reason or
another. Anyone have and code ideas to do this in VB.Net? Thanks.

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:43:29 GMT
 retriving data from a pointer reference
Hello Michael,

Quote:
> I know that it is receiving the message, but every
> attempt at converting the lparam into my data structure
> or actually anything even a string has failed. I have seen
> many examples of code to do this but everything I
> have found is written for VB6 which fails in VB.Net
> for one reason or another. Anyone have and code ideas
> to do this in VB.Net? Thanks.

Have a look at Marshal.PtrToStructure:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemruntime...

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:46:26 GMT

1. Retriving Data from MS project

2. help! need to retrive data by recordvar

3. HELP On retriving binary data

4. retriving grooup data from CR.NET

5. How to use ADO to retrive local data?

6. ADO Retrive URL data

7. Retrive Data

8. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

9. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

10. Passing pointer to a pointer or pointer to a char to a dll

11. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

12. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb