Can somebody share an example how to ping with VB.Net?
All samples I found so far work only in VB6.

TIA

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:24:39 GMT
 How to ping with VB.NET
Sybex has a VB.NET codemaster's book with an example. I would also look at
places like planetsourcecode.com, et al, for samples. Apologies for not
having a snippet ready.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

****
Think outside the box!
****

Quote:
> Can somebody share an example how to ping with VB.Net?
> All samples I found so far work only in VB6.

> TIA

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:55:49 GMT
 How to ping with VB.NET
Hi,

You may check the following page for some sample code. It is C# sample but
should be able to change to VB.NET easily.
http://www.planet-source-code.com/xq/ASP/txtCodeId.335/lngWid.10/qx/v...
ts/ShowCode.htm

Regards,
Elan Zhou
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:25:42 GMT
 How to ping with VB.NET

Quote:

>Hi,

>You may check the following page for some sample code. It is C# sample but
>should be able to change to VB.NET easily.
>http://www.planet-source-code.com/xq/ASP/txtCodeId.335/lngWid.10/qx/v...
>ts/ShowCode.htm

>Regards,
>Elan Zhou
>Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

I converted the C# code to VB.net and have it working but there is a
problem.  If the server is in the DNS but for some reason is not up
the call to receive blocks.  Not a very effective ping if you want to
know if the server is up.  Any other ideas how to ping to make sure a
server is really there and get a return time?

Thanks
Jeff

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 04:22:30 GMT
 How to ping with VB.NET
You can use Socket.SetSocketOption method to specify the Send/Receive
timeout value.
Here is a more sophisticated sample that demonstrates this technique and
you may kindly check it.
http://www.christopherlewis.com/Ping.cs.htm

Regards,
Elan Zhou
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:10:16 GMT
 How to ping with VB.NET
There's a good book, VB.Net Codemaster's Library, that has a class to PING
in VB.net.

Pat

Quote:
> You can use Socket.SetSocketOption method to specify the Send/Receive
> timeout value.
> Here is a more sophisticated sample that demonstrates this technique and
> you may kindly check it.
> http://www.christopherlewis.com/Ping.cs.htm

> Regards,
> Elan Zhou
rights.
> Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:07:39 GMT

1. Ping in Vb.net

2. ICMP in VB .NET? (ICMP=Ping)

3. Ping in VB.net

4. pinging websites via vb.net

5. PING, Is there an API (or other method) to call ping from VB

6. ping in dot.net

7. Ping writing ping component voor asp

8. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

9. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

10. how to use the system.net.sockets and system.net in VB.net

11. VS.Net + Cr.Net and VB.Net

12. Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003