data adapter error
Author Message
 data adapter error

Anybody,
I am going crazy here. I keep trying to use  Microsoft OLE
DB Provider for ODBC Divers or Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB
Provider, and I keep getting the error: "The connection
you have created does not work with the current adapter",
the test connection is successful. I don't know what to
think. Please inform my desparate butt!!!
Thanks ever so much,
Diana

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:42:27 GMT
 data adapter error
Diana,
    The System.Data.OleDb items don't work with ODBC connections.  You need
to download the .NET ODBC driver code from MS (as someone replied in a
previous msg) and use the commands/adapters from this namespace with your
provider.

Ron Allen

Quote:
> Anybody,
> I am going crazy here. I keep trying to use  Microsoft OLE
> DB Provider for ODBC Divers or Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB
> Provider, and I keep getting the error: "The connection
> you have created does not work with the current adapter",
> the test connection is successful. I don't know what to
> think. Please inform my desparate butt!!!
> Thanks ever so much,
> Diana

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:41:16 GMT
 data adapter error
Thanks. There is another problem that I'm having now. The
program is running with no errors, but it's not loading
anything from the .dbf files, so there's no output. I'll
take any input, please commit.
Thanks again,
Diana

Quote:

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 03:16:25 GMT
 data adapter error
Post your connection string.  I run against Jet 4.0 without any errors
(at least not many).

Joe Griffith

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 03:39:58 GMT
 data adapter error
Here' my connection string.
 Dim sConnectionString As String
        sConnectionString
= "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
                "Data Source=C:\Testdbfs;Extended
Properties=dBase IV"
        Dim objConn As New
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(sConnectionString)
        objConn.Open()

Please help!
Thank you for your time,
Diana

Quote:

***
>.

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 03:51:22 GMT
 data adapter error
Hi Diana,

From your description, it seems that you are trying to connect to VFP
database from .NET. Here is a piece of code that works on my side that
connect to VFP database through {Microsoft  Visual  FoxPro  Driver} by
using ODBC.NET Managed Provider. You may kindly check it:
1. You can download and install ODBC.NET Managed Provider from the
following location:
     http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=35715
2. In your.NET project, add the reference to Microsoft.Data.Odbc.dll.
3. Here is a small code snippet for your reference:
          Imports  System.Data
          Imports  Microsoft.Data.Odbc
          .  .  .
          .  .  .
          Dim  sConnectionString  As  String
          sConnectionString  =
"SourceType=DBC;SourceDB=C:\MyDBC\data1.dbc;Driver={Microsoft  Visual
FoxPro  Driver}"
          Dim  objConn  As  New  OdbcConnection(sConnectionString)
          Dim  da  As  New  OdbcDataAdapter("Select  *  From  Table1",
objConn)
          Dim  ds  As  New  DataSet()
          da.Fill(ds,  "Table1")
          DataGrid1.DataSource  =  ds

Regards,
Elan Zhou
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 15:43:08 GMT
 data adapter error
Hi Diana,

From your description, it seems that you are trying to connect to VFP
[...]

1. DATA ADAPTER ERROR

2. SELECT syntax error - unable to generate data set from data adapter

3. HELP!! errors using data adapter

4. Networking, Disabling An Adapter And Re-enabling An Adapter

5. !Really off the wall question: Mapping Network adapter key value to adapter name

6. Data adapter problems

7. Configuring Data Adapter

8. Problem with data adapter and odbc driver

9. fill data adapter again

10. Data adapter Update

11. updating records in database through data adapter

12. Data Adapter Preview Null Reference Exception