Problem adding the SYSTEM user to NTFS rights
Author Message
 Problem adding the SYSTEM user to NTFS rights

Hi,

Does anybody know how to add the built-in SYSTEM user to NTFS rights.. I've
managed to add all the other users and groups the the folder rights but Im
unable to add the SYSTEM

Can anybody tell me why? - Do I need to use another name or is the SYSTEM
account a local account?

/Kurt

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 01:38:57 GMT
 Problem adding the SYSTEM user to NTFS rights
Hi Kurt,

Please check the following article:
Q120929 How the System Account Is Used in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q120/9/29.asp

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer
--------------------

| Subject: Problem adding the SYSTEM user to NTFS rights
| Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:38:57 +0200

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
|
| Hi,
|
| Does anybody know how to add the built-in SYSTEM user to NTFS rights..
I've
| managed to add all the other users and groups the the folder rights but Im
| unable to add the SYSTEM
|
| Can anybody tell me why? - Do I need to use another name or is the SYSTEM
| account a local account?
|
| /Kurt

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:12:37 GMT
 Problem adding the SYSTEM user to NTFS rights
Hi Bill,

After reading your mail and the link you attached - I must say that it's
exactly my point!! - I create the user directory from VB.NET and then sets
the userrights from VB.NET too.. But still I'm unable to add the SYSTEM -
Also the support article recommend  that SY`STEM have thoose full rights on
the dirs.

Whenever I have manually created a userhomedir - Iv'e added Domain Admins
and System - both with full control and then the User with read, write etc..

I hope you can follow my idea...

Any solutions?

/Kurt

Cut from http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q120/9/29.asp
"On the other hand, the system account does show up on an NTFS volume in
File Manager in the Permissions portion of the Security menu. By default,
the system account is granted full control to all files on an NTFS volume.
Here the system account has the same functional privileges as the
administrator account.

NOTE: Granting either account Administrators group file permissions does not
implicitly give permission to the system account. The system account's
permissions can be removed from a file but it is not recommended. "

Quote:
> Hi Kurt,

> Please check the following article:
> Q120929 How the System Account Is Used in Windows
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q120/9/29.asp

> Hope it helps.

rights.

> Regards,

> Bill Cheng
> Microsoft Support Engineer
> --------------------

> | Subject: Problem adding the SYSTEM user to NTFS rights
> | Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:38:57 +0200

> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
> |
> | Hi,
> |
> | Does anybody know how to add the built-in SYSTEM user to NTFS rights..
> I've
> | managed to add all the other users and groups the the folder rights but
Im
> | unable to add the SYSTEM
> |
> | Can anybody tell me why? - Do I need to use another name or is the
SYSTEM
> | account a local account?
> |
> | /Kurt

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:11:52 GMT

1. Really need help with the SYSTEM user vs NTFS rights

2. Setting User-rights for NTFS?

3. ADSI NTFS ACE rights problem

4. Add User to AD and Set NTFS Permission - ASP

5. ADSI ACE NEW USER NTFS problem

6. System tray icon - adding a submenu under the right-click event

7. Add new component in Win 2000 - if rights=Restricted users crashes VB6

8. Add new component in Win 2000 - if rights=Restricted users crashes VB6

9. Changing NTFS rights with VBscript

10. Q: Setting NTFS Rights

11. Reading NTFS Rights vía ASP Part 2

12. Reading NTFS Rights with ASP