How can I get a checked box value updated?
Author Message
 How can I get a checked box value updated?

Hi,

I have a little program that using the combo box to select the index
of a table and then do the update. On the table, I have a checked box
and now I am having problems of update the checked box value to the
database.

Say my little program like this:

Private Sub cboUserName_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As
cboUserName.SelectedIndexChanged

        Dim drCurr As DataRow
        Dim aFindValue(0) As Object

        'load the item to look up,and use the find method
        aFindValue(0) = cboUserName.SelectedItem(0)
        drCurr = mdtUser.Rows.Find(aFindValue)

        'load up the fields on the form
        txtUserName.Text = drCurr("UserID").ToString
        txtPassWord.Text = drCurr("PassWord").ToString
        txtFirstName.Text = drCurr("FirstName").ToString
        txtLastName.Text = drCurr("LastName").ToString
        txtGroup.Text = drCurr("GroupID").ToString
        ckDisableUser.Checked = drCurr("Disable_Flag").toBoolean

    End Sub

The last line of the program is actually a logic datatype in the
database and it is a checkbox in my window form. For the text box
part, I have no problem update the values, but the last
part(ckDisableUser) I cant update the value to the database. I test it
with toBoolean and toString, nothing works. Does anyone knows how to
make it work?

Thank you.

Irene

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 05:06:29 GMT

1. Check for checked values in List Box

2. Check Box being checked if database value is equal to ON

3. Getting/Checking CRC values for files?

4. need help on getting the auto-increment value of a field BEFORE updating recordset

5. Getting value of auto-increment field after update

6. Getting Index from a List View check box

7. Getting Index from a List View check box

8. Check Box Update

9. Check Box Update - New

10. How to filter out zero values with check box

11. multiple values from check boxes

12. Macro to assign value to and sum up check box forms