Deployment Project for Windows Service
Author Message
 Deployment Project for Windows Service

I have a windows Service Project that I am trying to deploy with a
Deployment Project.

Problem: Could not find 'service.InstallState' when running Setup. Code
execution does not seem to hit anything beyond the InitializeComponent
function of the Installer Class.

The InstallUtil program does install the service properly.

Any hints?

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 03:18:19 GMT
 Deployment Project for Windows Service
Hmm... usually, if you added the Service Installer from the designer, it
sets that up correctly.  If you have some of your own code, you probably
want to call MyBase.Install(props here), and that shoul save the
InstallState.

You might also try to re-create the Service Installer class, since I'm kinda
thinking it does this correctly.

--
-----
Disclaimer:

Quote:
> I have a windows Service Project that I am trying to deploy with a
> Deployment Project.

> Problem: Could not find 'service.InstallState' when running Setup. Code
> execution does not seem to hit anything beyond the InitializeComponent
> function of the Installer Class.

> The InstallUtil program does install the service properly.

> Any hints?

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:25:59 GMT

1. Problem creating Setup Project for a Windows Service

2. Deployment project not building dependent projects

3. Project 2000\Project Central Service Release 1 Has Gone Live

4. Service description for Windows Service

5. Windows Service in VB.NET - Failed to process service command

6. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

7. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

8. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

9. Launch Windows form, from a Windows Service Application

10. installing web app with windows service and windows aplication at same time

11. Installing windows service in Windows 98,ME

12. Can't Change Dynamic Web Service Address At Deployment Site