Excel document as Source
Author Message
 Excel document as Source

Has anyone used and Excel document for their data source?
I'm having some trouble figuring out how to move within
the sheet.  I'm thinking that I have to read the data into
a datatable or something similar so that I could bind the
source to textboxes, but I'm not sure.  Thanks for any
help.

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 03:56:17 GMT
 Excel document as Source
Check the MS KB for details on how to do this.  I tried this in VB6 a while
back and found it to be totally unreliable, throwing weird errors.  For
example, the provider could not handle more than a few hundred rows before
it choked.

My advice is that you test your solution a lot, with lots of data.

Best of luck.

Cheers

--
Robert Chapman, MCSD
Manager, Applications Development

Quote:
> Has anyone used and Excel document for their data source?
> I'm having some trouble figuring out how to move within
> the sheet.  I'm thinking that I have to read the data into
> a datatable or something similar so that I could bind the
> source to textboxes, but I'm not sure.  Thanks for any
> help.

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 04:18:13 GMT

1. Inserting HTML tags into document source

2. Macro to update source document server name

3. Relinking source docments to primary documents

4. Active Document HTML Source

5. XML tree in Word Document to appear the same in HTML source file

6. Automatically Updating Embedded Graph Source if document's name is changed

7. Removing mail merge data source when opening a document

8. Active Document HTML source

9. Determining Document Source

10. Document's HTML source with WebBrowser control?

11. Tool to reformat and document source code

12. How do I print existing wordprocessing documents w/o the source program