User Preferences
Author Message
 User Preferences

How do you persist user preferences in a win forms project.  The app.config file seems like the logical place but there doesn't seem to be any built in method for writing data to it.  Other than manipulating this file as plain XML is there a way to save a setting in the config file?

Joe Griffith

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:32:09 GMT
 User Preferences
Hi,

My name is Jun Su. Thank you for using the Microsoft Community Support.

I think you can use the built-in XML classes. Please check the System.XML
namespace. You can use this classes to read/write the app.config file.

Hope it helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Jun Su
Microsoft Support

------
You assume all risk for your use. Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 14:22:41 GMT

1. User Preferences located in a seperate file

2. Use of app.config and saving user preferences...

3. Advice on saving array of users preferences

4. managing user preferences...opinions needed

5. Saving user preferences

6. Default User Preferences

7. Application preferences and settings

8. New Syntax Preferences?

9. changing per-contact mail format preference setting

10. Printing Preferences

11. resetting local profile preferences

12. Preferences File