GDI+ or DirectDraw? Is there a difference?
Author Message
 GDI+ or DirectDraw? Is there a difference?

Hello,
I am currently working on a game using VB.NET and am just wondering if
it would be better spend my time learning GDI+ or using DirectDraw for
2D Graphics.

I am going to learn DirectX anyway, I have already done some neat
things with GDI+, so keep going with GDI+ and use it?

Opinions are wanted!

The game is a desktop game, and not a fullscreen one. (like
minesweeper or hearts)

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:25:08 GMT

1. bitblt gdi+/gdi

2. autoredraw and gdi+

3. Difference between CR project and Output on difference PC.

4. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

6. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

7. DirectX & DirectDraw in .NET

8. writing text to a directdraw surface in vb.net

9. directdraw 7 surface problem

10. directdraw

11. Rotating In DirectX7 Using DirectDraw

12. DirectDraw - refreshing screen