Catastrophic failure
Author Message
 Catastrophic failure

Im getting the following error on ASP pages on the line that makes the
database connection.  When I reset the machine it goes away and then 5 hours
later happens again.  The SQL Server is fine . Any ideas?

Provider error '8000ffff'

Catastrophic failure

/demo/sgae/resultos.asp, line 12

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Catastrophic failure
???

Q243349 - 0x8000FFFF "Catastrophic failure" Message with SQL Server ODBC Driver
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q243/3/49.ASP

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

Im getting the following error on ASP pages on the line that makes the
database connection.  When I reset the machine it goes away and then 5 hours
later happens again.  The SQL Server is fine . Any ideas?

Provider error '8000ffff'

Catastrophic failure

/demo/sgae/resultos.asp, line 12

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Catastrophic failure
Hi, thanks for the information, can you get me the CATASTROPHICFAILURE.EXE
fix as mentioned in the article?, I have contacted Microsoft support but
they seem to be taking a long time in responding.  Thank you.

Quote:
> ???

> Q243349 - 0x8000FFFF "Catastrophic failure" Message with SQL Server ODBC
Driver
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q243/3/49.ASP

> --
> Michael Harris
> MVP Scripting

Quote:
> Im getting the following error on ASP pages on the line that makes the
> database connection.  When I reset the machine it goes away and then 5
hours
> later happens again.  The SQL Server is fine . Any ideas?

> Provider error '8000ffff'

> Catastrophic failure

> /demo/sgae/resultos.asp, line 12

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Automation Error - Catastrophic Failure?!?!?!

2. Catastrophic Failure (?)

3. Automation Error Catastrophic Failure saving form

4. system error - catastrophic failure

5. "Bad Security Attribute": Catastrophic Failure

6. Catastrophic Failure!

7. Catastrophic failure

8. Catastrophic failure

9. adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure

10. Catastrophic Failure on ADO update using Transactions

11. Sybase ODBC Catastrophic failure

12. Catastrophic Failure